Dreadful Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrisBlue 23

Player Valuation: £50k
Hindsight it may be but it’s now becoming clearer that our Summer Transfer window was Dreadful. Wether the blame sits with Brands and or Silva we are woefully short in a number of positions. I seem to remember a quote from Silva that he had already pinpointed his targets for this Season last September, a year ago. Nervous times for us, mediocrity beckons yet again. Hope I’m wrong.

Have to disagree. Yes we needed a senior CF but we don't create anything as a team, despite having some good creative players (on paper). Throw Aguero up front in this team and we'd still be in the bottom half of the table. We also needed another CB but as of yet Mina and Keane have generally done well and having Zouma or so on would have changed diddly squat.

The biggest issue was losing Gueye but who could have predicted the injury to Gbamin? And even with Gueye that wouldn't solve our main issues -- a lack of balls, passion and ideas going forward. It would have papered over the cracks a bit perhaps and saved a few points but the rot in this team is so deep I'm not sure any transfer window could change our fortunes enough.

To be honest mate you’ve contradicted yourself in the first line. We don’t score or create because we didn’t sign the correct players, therefore our window was poor

We still haven't recovered from the Siggurdson transfer window.

The way we fannied about during that, leaving it so late we couldn't get decent pre season with him etc was the start of us becoming a joke transfer wise.

Window doesn't matter. 11 professional footballers should be able to perform as a single unit with a direct formation with options.
If City followed our 'method' they'd be in the same position.
We have no plan A. Everything after that is chaos.

To be honest mate you’ve contradicted yourself in the first line. We don’t score or create because we didn’t sign the correct players, therefore our window was poor

Bollocks. You score and create as a team. Doesn't matter what XI we have out there, Silva has them crossing all day to no avail.

Window doesn't matter. 11 professional footballers should be able to perform as a single unit with a direct formation with options.
If City followed our 'method' they'd be in the same position.
We have no plan A. Everything after that is chaos.
The window doesn’t matter.....really !!!

Transfer window was [Poor language removed] mate, proof is in the pudding

If a transfer window dictates performances so completely, why even have a manager?

Talking out of your arse here fella. Transfer windows are about shuffling personnel. Marco could have any XI in the world at this point and have half the team putting the Samaritans on speed dial. He constructs teams that can't defend set pieces, can't come back from conceding and can't break down any team whatsoever that can defend crosses to an isolated forward.

Not dreadful but we are short an athletic CM, decent cover at CB and I would like a nasty, experienced CF to take the pressure off Kean and Calvert-Lewin.

If a transfer window dictates performances so completely, why even have a manager?

Talking out of your arse here fella. Transfer windows are about shuffling personnel. Marco could have any XI in the world at this point and have half the team putting the Samaritans on speed dial. He constructs teams that can't defend set pieces, can't come back from conceding and can't break down any team whatsoever that can defend crosses to an isolated forward.
Am I fella, shut up. The players dictate the way the team play and that’s why we are so poor, they failed to get the right players in

Status
Not open for further replies.