Don't Blame Me, I Only Work Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of Allardyce's quotes after the 'no show' at Watford reads as follows;
"But you can't blame me if they don't pass the ball to each other."
Has anybody got any idea who we should blame, if our multi million pound manager who allegedly coaches these players reckons it's not his fault?
It bloody is his fault! he seems to forget the amount of cameras and mics that are standard at every premier league game these days. Against Watford you could hear him clearly shouting to the defenders to get the ball upfront as quickly as possible, he is not exactly quiet when he speaks at the best of times.

One of Allardyce's quotes after the 'no show' at Watford reads as follows;
"But you can't blame me if they don't pass the ball to each other."
Has anybody got any idea who we should blame, if our multi million pound manager who allegedly coaches these players reckons it's not his fault?
This comment taken in isolation is true.

If the players would pass to blue shirts rather than the opposition it’d be a start.

The players are responsible for their actions.

If the players would pass to blue shirts rather than the opposition it’d be a start.

Yeahhh the players are responsible for their own actions, but they’re obviously told a certain way to play, and it is just hoof ball. Odds are they aren’t gonna be hitting their men a lot of the time. I just don’t see how he is deflecting so much of the blame. He’s in charge of how we set up and he’s either ignorant to the fact or incompetent if he thinks this hoof ball bollocks is getting us anywhere.

We’re awful and he’s pathetic, incapable of taking any blame, I find him so undignifying to watch. Constantly throwing players under the bus and taking no blame like

But....

It may well stem from his training method. From an article about Mourhinio:

"Last season Eden Hazard observed that the main difference between José Mourinho and Antonio Conte was that Mourinho does not practise “automisations”. He does not have players practise set moves they can perform almost unconsciously that can be deployed at great pace when the situation demands. He organises his defence and leaves his forwards to improvise. That has been taken by some as evidence that Mourinho is no longer at the forefront of coaching – and perhaps it is – but it is also a detail that explains his entire methodology." (From https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...method-charisma-instability-manchester-united - worth a read in full).

Now, compare this to what's been said about Allardyce:

"The big problem was that Big Sam was more worried about stopping the opposition than out-playing them. Significantly, shortly before his dismissal a first teamer revealed that in the premable to one game - coincidentally against Blackburn - Allardyce spent 30 minutes discussing how to thwart Rovers before a Newcastle player finally piped up with: "But what do you want us to do when we've got the ball?" (Fro. https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2009/jan/15/sam-allardyce-newcastle-united-blackburn)

I strongly suspect he's expecting improvisation and subscribes to the same school as Mourhinio. It ain't working, perhaps some offensive strategizing might help?

Allardyce at atm..jpg

During the recent 'warm weather' training in Dubai, Sam checks his balance at the ATM.

Find's out he earns more in a month from EFC, than we will all see in 5 years of actual hard work.

Laugh's all the way to the nearest kebab gaff.

:pint2:

But....

It may well stem from his training method. From an article about Mourhinio:

"Last season Eden Hazard observed that the main difference between José Mourinho and Antonio Conte was that Mourinho does not practise “automisations”. He does not have players practise set moves they can perform almost unconsciously that can be deployed at great pace when the situation demands. He organises his defence and leaves his forwards to improvise. That has been taken by some as evidence that Mourinho is no longer at the forefront of coaching – and perhaps it is – but it is also a detail that explains his entire methodology." (From https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...method-charisma-instability-manchester-united - worth a read in full).

Now, compare this to what's been said about Allardyce:

"The big problem was that Big Sam was more worried about stopping the opposition than out-playing them. Significantly, shortly before his dismissal a first teamer revealed that in the premable to one game - coincidentally against Blackburn - Allardyce spent 30 minutes discussing how to thwart Rovers before a Newcastle player finally piped up with: "But what do you want us to do when we've got the ball?" (Fro. https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2009/jan/15/sam-allardyce-newcastle-united-blackburn)

I strongly suspect he's expecting improvisation and subscribes to the same school as Mourhinio. It ain't working, perhaps some offensive strategizing might help?
Yeahhh the players are responsible for their own actions, but they’re obviously told a certain way to play, and it is just hoof ball. Odds are they aren’t gonna be hitting their men a lot of the time. I just don’t see how he is deflecting so much of the blame. He’s in charge of how we set up and he’s either ignorant to the fact or incompetent if he thinks this hoof ball bollocks is getting us anywhere.

We’re awful and he’s pathetic, incapable of taking any blame, I find him so undignifying to watch. Constantly throwing players under the bus and taking no blame like

I agree with this, but a game plan revolving around lumping the ball up to Theo Walcott when he is marked by an actual behemoth doesn’t help matters
I get that, but these are all seasoned professionals who should not need instructions to pass to their own teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.