Donovan back in Jan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was on break for 3-4 months before the current MLS season started in March.

He just came back from an injury where he was out for like 3 weeks. I don't think he is tired I think he is either sick or not sharp right now after taking some games off.

I am a Galaxy fan but if we won the cup this year I would be happy to see him go permanently. The word is he bought the Galaxy supporters group a keg for the tailgate before the western conference final on Sunday.

I love Americanisms like this. :)

Wouldn't mind him playing up front alongside A.N Other. He is a good finisher after all and plays there for the national soccerball team. We could then have Coleman and Drenthe on the flanks, which would make us a fast counter-attacking team for ten weeks.

Unfortunately there is currently an unwritten Everton law which states playing any more than one striker is illegal.

I'd have him back on loan like, a genuinely nice lad who gets it. Not sure about a permanent deal as we'd get ripped off and his window for that was a couple of years ago when he sacked us off.

...........................Howard

Coleman....Jagielka..........?????.......Baines.....

Drenthe.....Rodwell...........Fellaini.........?????

............................?????

............................?????

We lack 3 players. Drenthe should be on the right allowing him to cut inside and shoot / pass.

Distin cannot play with Jagielka.

Our forwards and attacking midfielders are all ****e.

Donovan cannot play on the left.

Sorry your team is gash.

EDIT -- And what kind of idiot would play close to 10mil for an ageing player whose sole outstanding ability is his pace???

Drenthe has said he can play on the right or the left, where as Donovan is far more suited to playing on the right as that is his natural position. Royston on the other hand played mostly on the left. Having those two players on each wing would also allow them to swap sides easily because they're both comfortable playing like that.

Distin cannot play with Jagielka ? What on earth are you on about ? Heitinga certainly hasn't been much better since he's played, based on the evidence we have there is no reason to start him over Distin or Jags.

Our midfielders are all **** ? Deary me.

Going to put this post down to under the influence, because despite your massive neg rep i can't believe you'd write something that insane while completely sober.

Davek also said that we bossed Man City last season. He doesn't watch the games.

At the risk of sounding like Rafael the Gaffer, we did control the tempo of three quarters of those two games. If you think we didn't you need a refresher course in 'how to watch football matches'.

Totally underwhelmed, tbh.

He was adequate in his first spell, no more than that. If Moyes thinks he gives us a huge leap forward that Coleman cant deliver in that berth, and that filling it is the priority in January, then I really dont know what to think of the man's judgement anymore.

*facepalm

At the risk of sounding like Rafael the Gaffer, we did control the tempo of three quarters of those two games. If you think we didn't you need a refresher course in 'how to watch football matches'.

Dear Lord Davek...hypocritical much?

If he needs a refresher on "How to watch football matches" then I'd say you'd certainly need a refresher course on "Judging the merits of how a player has contributed to Everton FC."

Dear Lord Davek...hypocritical much?

If he needs a refresher on "How to watch football matches" then I'd say you'd certainly need a refresher course on "Judging the merits of how a player has contributed to Everton FC."

You thought he was THAT good in his spell at Everton?

Dont get me wrong, I'd take him in a heartbeat to boost this sorry squad up, but he's never a priority for Everton right now.

Before this game I was somewhat indifferent, now I'm somewhat indifferent but interested, it might not help us a bit if he came for a short cameo, but at the moment we look like we should try to get some decent players in.

Status
Not open for further replies.