2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Beto is a 1 in 3 striker in the premier league if you base it on minutes played. Not bad considering we don't play to his strengths, (knocking the ball in front of him).

Not convinced we will play to his strengths, but if we did I think he'd do ok.

Never thought id say this but id happily take Barkley back. He advances the ball into the final 3rd and we have no one with that capability and its been limiting us to playing Doucoure as our Bambi on ice skates no.10

None of this can be true. @Saint Domingo told me, just this afternoon, that the only clubs in the PL that would be interested in DCL are the three getting relegated.

He’s going to be third choice at Newcastle behind Isaak and Callum Wilson for 25 mill. Thats our best attacking player. Entirely proves my point t. They’re 7th in the league and our top attacking player is their third choice striker. Shows exactly what sort of attacking ‘talent’ we have in the team.

He’s going to be third choice at Newcastle behind Isaak and Callum Wilson for 25 mill. Thats our best attacking player. Entirely proves my point t. They’re 7th in the league and our top attacking player is their third choice striker. Shows exactly what sort of attacking ‘talent’ we have in the team.
Wilson is rumoured to be going to Saudi and Isak Arsenal my friend.

He will be their starting Striker.

A lot of love in here tonight then !!!

Losing Dom would be a catastrophe for the club, Full stop...
yet there is so much hate towards him in here, I'm surprised his Taxi hasn't already been booked.

Carlo with the big man coaching him - he was a box player
Dyche - he's a centre circle player ( well basically everywhere ), used to bring players into the game.

I feel sorry for him under Dyche, Casting a lonely figure up there with nobody ever close to his flick on's..

The lad does what he's coached to do under Dyche Perfectly, the lack of goals comes from that...

A lot of love in here tonight then !!!

Losing Dom would be a catastrophe for the club, Full stop...
yet there is so much hate towards him in here, I'm surprised his Taxi hasn't already been booked.

Carlo with the big man coaching him - he was a box player
Dyche - he's a centre circle player ( well basically everywhere ), used to bring players into the game.

I feel sorry for him under Dyche, Casting a lonely figure up there with nobody ever close to his flick on's..

The lad does what he's coached to do under Dyche Perfectly, the lack of goals comes from that...
Honestly think he's a perfect forward for dyche,he stuck with him when not going his way hope he stays just think it's a forward thing confidence is everything.nothing to do with dyche imo..

That's the thing - Branthwaite is objectively a generational talent, but his position in the team is easiest for Dyche to replace. The drop-off from DCL is already a nightmare - imagine Maupay, Beto and Chermiti.
The flip side of that position however is that IF Maupay stays then one of Beto or DCL (or Doucouré, if the idea is going to be that Maupay plays as a second striker) has to be sold. We simply can't keep paying out the salaries we are currently.

My gut feeling is that DCL's future was determined a year ago. A conversation along the lines of "give us one more year and then we won't stand in the way of a transfer" has, I suspect, been had. If not, then the Beto purchase simply makes no sense because it's too much of a fee for a team with our perilous finances to pay for someone that age to sit on the bench and get barely 1000 minutes per season.

One of Beto and DCL needs to go. Unless we're considering a tactical tweak where Doucouré leaves and one of Beto, DCL Maupay and Chermiti is being considered to start 30 games per season as a second striker?

People have short memories forgetting the long months he was out injured and the doubts at the time wether we would see him play again on a regular basis.
If we can get £20 million plus I would take it he had hardly been a prolific goal scorer.
He seems like a nice fella but we to move on