2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

good, then you’ll know he plays off the defenders shoulder and wants balls played on behind that he can run on to, like against Newcastle.

He certainly is not a back to goal, hold up and bring people into game type striker.

I think he can cause teams problems, he’ll be wasteful but a handful. But Dyche will need to change how he sets up

good, then you’ll know he plays off the defenders shoulder and wants balls played on behind that he can run on to, like against Newcastle.

He certainly is not a back to goal, hold up and bring people into game type striker.

I think he can cause teams problems, he’ll be wasteful but a handful. But Dyche will need to change how he sets up
Yes, I'm well aware of him being able to play off the shoulder of a defender...which is why I highlighted it back in December last year...

As for playing back to goal: he can hold a defender off and hold the ball up. That's playing with back to play. Ok, the distribution of the ball from there is an issue, but that can be improved by getting an attacking partner for him to get close to him.

He can compete for a ball up to him. Ok his lay offs are not what DCL can do. But he has strengths: playing off defenders shoulders and getting across them in the box.

This feller just needs starts and a consistent partner and we'll see him get 10-15 goals next season.

Not sure beto has the quality at all. I agree to an extent about calvert lewin. I dont mind him but the way people go on like the clubs gona disintegrate without him is comical. He's got like 8 goals from open play in three years 😫
The downside is it looks like its all about psr. If it wasnt for that and we had to look elsewhere i dont think he's that hard to replace. Couldnt get anything from him because of injuries before. Then this season he's played it all and the forest striker netted triple than him and the luton striker double than him. And neither of them take the clubs pens.
We need a better forward. Beto doesnt look it though.

Not sure beto has the quality at all. I agree to an extent about calvert lewin. I dont mind him but the way people go on like the clubs gona disintegrate without him is comical. He's got like 8 goals from open play in three years 😫
The downside is it looks like its all about psr. If it wasnt for that and we had to look elsewhere i dont think he's that hard to replace. Couldnt get anything from him because of injuries before. Then this season he's played it all and the forest striker netted triple than him and the luton striker double than him. And neither of them take the clubs pens.
We need a better forward. Beto doesnt look it though.
If DCL leaves well see an incoming striker. Beto and Chermiti aren't near enough.

You poor thing.

We already have 3 others.

I keep hearing how easy DCL is to replace, so it shouldnt really be a problem.

World Class number 9s are just falling over themselves to join us.

You've admitted yourself 5 goals from open play is poor. If a new striker hit 5 goals from open play next season they would have had a poor season. It doesnt matter about the name. Ive no emotional attatchment to any player. There are non "world class" players hitting the target more than him.

I'd be gutted if he left and I don't think £25m is enough.

As I said before Iwobi fee would be as good as it gets.

A player who'll always divide opinion on here and in the pubs. Was quality in the 18 months under Carlo but injuries and living on that reputation since albeit he had some good games in season run ins like Brighton 5-1.

Last Goodison goal being the effective derby winner not a bad way to go out.

You've admitted yourself 5 goals from open play is poor. If a new striker hit 5 goals from open play next season they would have had a poor season. It doesnt matter about the name. Ive no emotional attatchment to any player. There are non "world class" players hitting the target more than him.
You keep looking at the goals he scores.

If thats your only focus, then I wish you well.