2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Around the start of the 23/24 season I said I'd had enough of DCL. I used the term 'clown' and was hopeful he'd be sold for GOOD money OR be 2nd string to a more regular and more prolific pair of strikers. This is why I give credit to Dyche and DCL, who's scored more and appeared more than in most other seasons except for the Ancelotti spell (maybe two seasons).

• Has he helped Chermiti and Beto bed in?
    A bit - they don't link up as such but DCL's shouldered a much higher amount of games which has taken pressure off
  • Could we replace him now without silly money we don't have? Not easily
  • Is he coming into the best age as a striker. Yes.
  • Will his value drop 'massively' near end of contract, not a lot - and who's in for him? Newcastle, for what 20-30m? I'd say keep, Sean's learning how to manage him, but needs better service than Harrison.

Can't understand how anyone can watch Beto and think he can play with his back to goal.

1 assist in nearly 90 top flight games in Serie A/Prem indicate it if nothing else.

He has to play on the shoulder.
I think that package of goals also underlines that he needs a partner to play off.

Calvert Lewin getting shifted out offers us the chance to bring in that sort of player.

DCL leaving is an opportunity more than a problem.

Yes. And I very seldom get a player wrong.

He'll take his chance next season once he gets help up front.

Two up a lot more often next season. The way Dyche played with a big an and partner at Burnley.

" AND I VERY SELDOM GET A PLAYER WRONG "

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Not with his back to goal though. He has no touch at all. If anything its put the ball in front of him and let him chase it.
He can compete for a ball up to him. Ok his lay offs are not what DCL can do. But he has strengths: playing off defenders shoulders and getting across them in the box.

This feller just needs starts and a consistent partner and we'll see him get 10-15 goals next season.