2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

For sure his fans overhype him, I love him, hes everything I want my number 9 to be, clearly he could score more goals, but I feel he gets a bum rush from certain sections of the fanbase, so I will defend him.

Its up to people what they think of him, for me hes great and I enjoy watching him play.

Fair enough mate 👍 I did compliment him on his finish today and Brighton away (his best performance for us imo). It’s in all our interests the lad does well.

Tough going for him at the moment. Doesn't look like there's a goal coming. He's never going to be the type of forward who creates and scores his own chances consistently and today he was let down by players who got into good positions but didn't supply a decent final ball.

John, what on earth are you going on about?

I'd have thought it was pretty obvious. I asked you some valid questions to give you a chance to highlight that your assertions were indeed correct.

You obviously couldn't answer without admitting that you didn't know what you were talking about, so avoided answering, and instead resorted to calling me naive.

Now you're calling people out for 'not answering' you.

I'd have thought it was pretty obvious. I asked you some valid questions to give you a chance to highlight that your assertions were indeed correct.

You obviously couldn't answer without admitting that you didn't know what you were talking about, so avoided answering, and instead resorted to calling me naive.

Now you're calling people out for 'not answering' you.

Off topic this john, I'm going to have have report this.

Thats your problem, you keep saying the best forwards.

Hes not 1 of the best Strikers in the world or even the League.

But he does a great job leading the line for us, his finishing has been pretty poor recently, but for most of the season he has 100% helped us win football games.

So no, hes not a World Class Striker, but hes a very good number 9.
People forget, our highest finish since Sky created football was with Marcus Bent up front. Nobody would say he’s better than Dom and certainly not Lukaku, Rooney, Yakubu etc. but he did what that team needed him to do and we had a great season.

People forget, our highest finish since Sky created football was with Marcus Bent up front. Nobody would say he’s better than Dom and certainly not Lukaku, Rooney, Yakubu etc. but he did what that team needed him to do and we had a great season.

Wrong mate , our best season in the prem was when we got 72 points … ask dave :)

League positions are not important

Thats your problem, you keep saying the best forwards.

Hes not 1 of the best Strikers in the world or even the League.

But he does a great job leading the line for us, his finishing has been pretty poor recently, but for most of the season he has 100% helped us win football games.

So no, hes not a World Class Striker, but hes a very good number 9.
Its a bit complicated. Yes, he has loads of good qualities and has scored in the past. But his main task is to score goals and his not doing that right now.