2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering what vague excuse will be given as to his likely missing of Monday's game. We're set to find out momentarily.

Maybe he fell off a jetway while on his fitness regime in the Middle East.

Csz9EZOUMAErrsB
Jet lag for starters.

Just mad how he has never really been ruled out at any stage in the last 2 months but hasn't featured in a single squad. I get trying to have him recovery fully, but they knew he wasn't fit and was in no position to play games and deliberately made it out like he was on the verge of returning.

Thankfully Sean is being more sensible now and not giving any indication as to his availability. I think we'll see him in one of the upcoming few squads completely by surprise.

I don't understand why everyone makes up conspiracies about this.

The fact of the matter is, if Dominic Calvert-Lewin can't get his career back on track, he's finished as a top level footballer. Why would someone purposely do that? You think he is tanking his career because he doesn't fancy it?

He’ll score 5 before the end of the season
He couldn't score in a monkey brothel with a bunch of bananas.....

The lad clearly loves football and clearly loves our club, but a few months ago he spoke about his struggles with mental ill-health.

All we can do as a club and as a fanbase is support him and hope that he is one day ready to play. But if he never plays for us again it won't be because he has chosen that - it will be because he is simply not able to do so.

Awful situation for the kid.

Extremely sad situation.

The kid had so much potential and was at one point touted to replace Kane in the England starting XI. However, he mentioned last season how his mental health had devastated him. It must be heartbreaking for the lad to go from banging in goals in the Premier League against the likes of Arsenal to now being a figure of derision.

This must be handled with care for obvious reasons.

The situation is not his fault and all we can hope for is that he gets well again.

Just mad how he has never really been ruled out at any stage in the last 2 months but hasn't featured in a single squad. I get trying to have him recovery fully, but they knew he wasn't fit and was in no position to play games and deliberately made it out like he was on the verge of returning.

Thankfully Sean is being more sensible now and not giving any indication as to his availability. I think we'll see him in one of the upcoming few squads completely by surprise.
"No timescale for a return" is Dyche-speak for "out for the season"...or even "retired".

It's time every one moved on.

Feel like the club would've been better briefing he was out like 4 months from the get go than treating it like a weekly soap drama of how this week might be the week he makes his grand return.
The problem is that it's probably down to whether he feels like playing that dictates his availability. He could one week soon say that he's up for it, and then he's in the matchday squad. So declaring him out for months wont allow that.

All Dyche can do is to give the same answer each week in the hope that reporters get sick of it and dont ask it anymore. But they were the same last season with Lampard over Patterson.

The comical thing is that neither of them are required to make us tick. But to listen to the badgering hacks you'd think they were vital to our survival.

Extremely sad situation.

The kid had so much potential and was at one point touted to replace Kane in the England starting XI.
At no point EVER was he remotely close to replacing kane in the england team, don't let a good story get in the way of truth.

Also, people keeping going on and on about his mental health, all he said was he's had a tough time, I think every single football player who's had injuries speaks about being down when they are injured, has he actually come out and said he's suffering from it on the reg or are people just using it as an excuse for why he's can't stay fit?

He's been back training for a good few weeks now and, even had 2 weeks over the international break and still can't make the squad, he's not got the mentality to be a top level footy player anymore soz

He's actually crap as well, people seem to forgot that.

Ready for it let's go.

At no point EVER was he remotely close to replacing kane in the england team, don't let a good story get in the way of truth.

Also, people keeping going on and on about his mental health, all he said was he's had a tough time, I think every single football player who's had injuries speaks about being down when they are injured, has he actually come out and said he's suffering from it on the reg or are people just using it as an excuse for why he's can't stay fit?

He's been back training for a good few weeks now and, even had 2 weeks over the international break and still can't make the squad, he's not got the mentality to be a top level footy player anymore soz

He's actually crap as well, people seem to forgot that.

Ready for it let's go.

This is a defensible view ( in part) . He has never said he has missed games because of mental illness. In fact it does him a disservice to suggest that it the case if indeed his injury has only been physical.

It may be that he's just physically knackered though mentality aside. However I do think there should be a way for him to adapt just to get on the pitch. As I've said previously, that might mean more weights to build support muscle.

A few weeks ago Sean said that Dom himself said he felt he wasn't ready and he felt "niggles". This all seems self diagnosed.
Maybe he really wants to be near hundred percent for the run in or as others maybe have alluded to that he doesn't feel right mentally.
I think we may say him in the Championship next season as nobody will buy him.

Status
Not open for further replies.