2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must have watched a different game than me yesterday, he was better than their striker yesterday, he caused their defence problems when he was on
Sadly you saw the difference when Maupay replaced him - yes Maupay was a pest, but never a target man - I hope Simms gets a chance in the future as I am sure he will under Dyche ....

Must have watched a different game than me yesterday, he was better than their striker yesterday, he caused their defence problems when he was on

He looked better than Maupay because his job is to be a target man and hold the ball up in this system which isn't Maupays game.

Ultimately a strikers job is to score gols and he's lacking that and has done for about 18 months now.

I'll be shocked if he comes back the same player after his injury problems. He's essentially become an up market Chris Wood.

We need a pre head injury Jimenez who can hold the ball up but also have an end product to them.

Largely as in 100%
i wouldnt say 100%, maybe simms steps up, or maybe we pick up the points without dcl scoring the goals, we just did it against top of the league without him on the scoresheet. obviously we need him to stay fit and get a few goals to give us a good chance of survival but its possible to survive without him i reckon

Was a lot more confidant yesterday. Won headers, nice runs with the ball, needs to get better off the ball, but it was a lot better and good to see some confidence coming back. Good player that we need fit. If he can get 10 goals for the remaining matches he’d be 1 in 2 and we’d take that all day!

Thought DCL played really well yesterday.
After he was subbed it handed the impetus to them as they came onto us more
It showed we need him desperately.

If he doesn’t stay fit I reckon we are in big trouble. Such a ridiculous gamble not to get cover in. Even a Chris Wood type lump would have seen us through. Madness that a number of brainless decisions (timing of Lampard sacking/time it too to appoint dyche) by owner/board left us in this mess.

If he doesn’t stay fit I reckon we are in big trouble. Such a ridiculous gamble not to get cover in. Even a Chris Wood type lump would have seen us through. Madness that a number of brainless decisions (timing of Lampard sacking/time it too to appoint dyche) by owner/board left us in this mess.
I think the Dyche appointment will see them through; we will get more goals from set pieces and in general. play from midfield. Watch the game again and see how many times we had an attack and a cross was attempted and we had three or four players in the box. We had runners from midfield and our corners were far more dangerous

He's not gonna swing a cross in for McNeil or Iwobi to smash home with a towering header, so I really hope he's told to stay in his position and not move out wide like he was doing against Arsenal, even though he played well.

We won it off a set piece and without that we didn't test Ramsdale as far as I can remember. And draws are unlikely to keep us up thanks to the position we find ourselves in.

I'd like him to win the ball and get it immediately to Gray/McNeil/Iwobi or Onana - the players that are most likely to be closest to him - then get ready to attack the penalty area centrally.

Status
Not open for further replies.