2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said we didn’t sign a striker, when clearly we did. One who scored today.
I didn’t say that did I. I said we are relying on DCL being fit. (to give us half decent Prem worthy attacking options - McNeil and Rondon having to come on is weak)

I didn’t say that did I. I said we are relying on Dominic Calvert-Lewin being fit. (to give us half decent Prem worthy attacking options - McNeil and Rondon having to come on is weak)
We’re not relying on him. It will be good when he gets back, but Maupay is a reasonable PL forward.

DCL will give options and I want him back, but we signed eight players and rebuilt the midfield and defence. It was absolutely essential that we did that.

What you essentially want is a third in line forward. Who wants to come in for that?

We’re not relying on him. It will be good when he gets back, but Maupay is a reasonable PL forward.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin will give options and I want him back, but we signed eight players and rebuilt the midfield and defence. It was absolutely essential that we did that.

What you essentially want is a third in line forward. Who wants to come in for that?
I wanted another attacker - ideally one that can play anywhere across the front 3. The squad is undeniably and dangerously thin in this area.

I wanted another attacker - ideally one that can play anywhere across the front 3. The squad is undeniably and dangerously thin in this area.
It is thin, but I don’t want to get a stop gap. We have done great work in moving on players that we can’t use.

Saw some post match comments from Lampard that DCL has no further injuries and was left out today as it was felt the international break would be beneficial rather than risk an early return to action

Status
Not open for further replies.