2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs some minutes in his legs before running around in a PL match IMO. It's the way it always used to be done in the reserves; not sure why people scoff at the idea now just because the level is lower.

….sometimes players returned from injury in junior matches. I saw the likes of Paul Bracewell return in a Lancashire League game at Bellefield but that was after a very serious injury that kept him out for a long time.

DCL did a full pre-season and won’t be lacking for fitness. We have a scarcity of striking options, so coming straight into the squad is the sensible option, I can’t see any advantage in him playing U21 games.

….sometimes players returned from injury in junior matches. I saw the likes of Paul Bracewell return in a Lancashire League game at Bellefield but that was after a very serious injury that kept him out for a long time.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin did a full pre-season and won’t be lacking for fitness. We have a scarcity of striking options, so coming straight into the squad is the sensible option, I can’t see any advantage in him playing U21 games.

Pretty sure you of all people understand I'm not questing his general fitness here.

Question is how long does it take him to get fit? Hopefully this injury doesn’t bog him down as much as the last one did or we are in for a painful few weeks

He is less likely to be clattered by a stray Michael Keane in a game situation so throw him in I say.

Our entire season revolves around him being fit. We have 1 game, then an international break, just make sure he's ready.

Last season we won 6 of 17 games in the league he played and only 4 of the 21 he missed. He's vital.

Deffo on the bench Sunday I reckon. Will get about 20 mins at the end.
In the video of training shared by the club, he's seen in the practice match, however later on with most of the forwards (and Keane) he isn't there.

I hope I'm not reading into it too much. On another note, out of Maupay, Gordon, McNeil, Gray and Keane it's the latter (Mr Michael) who looks the better finisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.