2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not naive at all to expect there to be a replacement when you sell a key player for over £50m. It's what happens at every other club in the league. The club hierarchy got us into the financial problems so it is their responsibility to find solutions. They can't absolve themselves of responsibility and you re making excuses for their ineptitude.

The league starts on Saturday and we have no striker. The judge us at the end of the window rhetoric is total nonsense with no substance. In what world do they deserve excuses rather than being held to account?

Not loaning out one of the only other strikers we have to Sunderland would have probably been a good start

there are loans and frees out there, i think thats what Lampard would`ve been working on for a while, he`s not blind to our predicament and i`d sooner wait for the right player/deal than panic and go for some rubbish like Dennis, Toney etc. we`ll be fine. In Frank We Trust.

I am probably the founding member of the Lampard fan club, but I don't think he has much chance with the lack of support coming from those above him at the club.

Dennis and Toney are also not rubbish compared to our current options. They are enormous upgrades, not that we could even afford or attract Toney right now anyway. I don't think people have quite grasped how bad a situation we are in. We have literally no goals anywhere in the side, and people seem deluded into thinking everything is fine.

Tim, read what I put please.

We do need a striker, I know this. But as of yesterday morning, before Dom's injury, or even this afternoon until we knew about it as fans, did Everton NEED a striker to go into the starting XI for the Chelsea game on Saturday?

Would you have been perfectly happy, for Saturday's game, if we'd signed Gana and gone into it with our squad as is, but with Gana, and the plan to sign more attacking options as the window progressed?

Of course we need a striker generally, and have done all summer, which is why we've been after one all summer... and so far failed (which is pathetic, and the reasons are of our own making).
I think the point is that once Richarlison was sold, it should have been a high priority to replace the lost goals in some manner at least, whether it be in the form of a scoring winger or a striker that could play across the line, and we've failed to do so. Yes, funds were/are very limited and I do give the team credit for trying to fill some other gaps in Tark, Gueye and such, but bottom line is we knew we needed goals. Also, we knew Dom had a significant injury last season and even after recovery had various niggles that kept him out, so it was not unforeseeable that further injury may occur. Very little contingency planning is the issue. A false 9 at least would be more appealing, if necessary to play that formation in DCL's absence, if we had been able to sign a 10+ goal scoring winger to date. Hoping DCL is not injured badly and we can get a few more goals into the side.

I honestly think the team might benefit having Deli Ali playing as our No 9 in the absence of DCL. But we do need a proper striker going forward. DCL hasn’t been 100% prior to this set back. I honestly think Dele could be more effective than Naysmith. I’ve got a weird feeling this problem might work in our favour in terms of team balance as a whole. Everyone’s free to shoot me down but I think we have an opportunity to try something different that maybe we wouldn’t have only for DCLs injury.

I honestly think the team might benefit having Deli Ali playing as our No 9 in the absence of DCL. But we do need a proper striker going forward. DCL hasn’t been 100% prior to this set back. I honestly think Dele could be more effective than Naysmith. I’ve got a weird feeling this problem might work in our favour in terms of team balance as a whole. Everyone’s free to shoot me down but I think we have an opportunity to try something different that maybe we wouldn’t have only for DCLs injury.

Could be back to the days of Fellaini and Cahill, Dele although different style could be similar to Fellaini. Unfortunately, we don't have a Cahill, maybe McNeill can step up into that role?

I think Alli will be fine but you need different types of forwards and Rondon isn't even capable of starting. It's a disaster but this club is one we are beeing run into the ground by people who think one striker is enough in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.