2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man U will not bid for DCL and I don't think he's got an £80m price tag either.

Yup, I'd very much doubt we'd put a price tag on essentially our only striker.
If united enquired (which I'd doubt) I'm sure they would've been told to go sling their hook.

Sky Sports making things up again, there’s a surprise. Thought they’d have learnt their lesson after being made to look like complete [Poor language removed] over the last few days

Why would he go to Utd they have Greenwood/Rashford/Martial, he wouldn’t be a starter

I said after the West Brom game... Who will bid for our players this week To upset the team .. an Low and behold

After the Spurs game I posted this, because to be honest I really didn't think he got stuck in enough.

I was massively wrong. After the West Brom game it's clearly a big tactical change for us where he's a real poacher now and stays in and around the box.

We couldn't really do this before because of how poor the build up was, but the new look midfield and Richarlison on the form he's on makes DCL the man to focus on getting the ball into the net.

It's funny really because I read many times last season where fans started to question Carlo's tactics and our "identity", but this change shows the level that he's on tactically.
It's been fascinating to watch a truly great manager at work; more because of how much he seems to simplify the game than anything else.

I'd guessed that the three new signings would mean a switch to a more orthodox 4-3-3, but I believed that this would expose Calvert-Lewin's limitations by requiring him to get more involved in the buildup play, especially considering how much he struggled once passing out from the back was introduced post-restart. However, the decision to have everything going through Rodriguez has completely negated this issue by allowing the central striker to focus on taking up positions in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.