2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
A storm in a teacup, the captain on the field asserts authority over an inexperienced international player in a friendly game. A pundit, who gets air time due to him being controversial, makes a controversy out of it. It is nonsense.
Was the commentary in the match as well, that highlighted Basking shark shocking stats, game and goal ratio... As justification for him pulling rank.

I have never been Doms biggest fan but to be fair to the man I think he played it right with the penalty and i'd have done the same.

1) He DID have the bottle and confidence to pick the ball up and decide to take the pen.

2) When challenged he rightly handed the ball over and relieved himself of the pressure to let some no mark have a go himself. If he'd stuck to his guns and missed then he would be in for some stick, however as I say he called it right and deserves no abuse whatsoever.

As if the phrase “too much birkdale, not enough Kirkdale” is still an actual thing.

What does that even mean?

As if the phrase “too much birkdale, not enough Kirkdale” is still an actual thing.

What does that even mean?
If you come from Birkdale you are an upper class nob. Whereas if you are from Kirkdale you are a common working class peasant. Did you know that the last public execution was at Kirkdale? I bet the victim never came from Birkdale.

I have never been Doms biggest fan but to be fair to the man I think he played it right with the penalty and i'd have done the same.

1) He DID have the bottle and confidence to pick the ball up and decide to take the pen.

2) When challenged he rightly handed the ball over and relieved himself of the pressure to let some no mark have a go himself. If he'd stuck to his guns and missed then he would be in for some stick, however as I say he called it right and deserves no abuse whatsoever.
Two hat Henderson needs the abuse from the media for the billy big bollox I'm the captain.
Pizza boy needs to explain he's good for the squad reasons,cos after that fiasco it will knock moral.

I remember an England game when Rooney gave the ball to Daniel Sturridge to take the pen , I'm shouting at the tele "what about catching Charlton you idiot ", Sturridge scored btw .

….not sure you watched much of him for England Youth teams, but he was the penalty taker for them and successfully converted quite a few. I‘ve seen him score at least 4 very efficiently.

I wonder if he'll be our penalty taker next season...

Could be a good move to boost his confidence over a season.

A storm in a teacup, the captain on the field asserts authority over an inexperienced international player in a friendly game. A pundit, who gets air time due to him being controversial, makes a controversy out of it. It is nonsense.

Hasnt southgate now come out and said he had no authority to take it.
The pillock just wanted to get the 0 tag off his stats. Doesnt take pens for his club. Missed in the shoot out at the world cup. Grabbed the ball for one reason only. His ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.