2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
tgis happened last season .. sniff it haters as he scores 10 in 10 then he went the rest of the season without scoring or even having a shot

People with any nous would hopefully realize that the team as a whole was rubbish towards the end of the season and a striker cant really do much if the ball is being constantly played around with in our own half before being lumped up the field or into touch.

Now all of a sudden we have a boss midfield and he is scoring goals again as is the team as a whole.

I mean it's right there in front of people, It's not hard to see.

Said on here give him a chance when he gets some service, boom well that's not a bad start people were screaming for a answer up front when the answer was already here ,yes don't get ahead of ourselves but eh what a start.

Kone cost us millions,and flopped- DCL is 23 & will make the grade .........cost us peanuts
That's the difference.......

price has nothing to do with quality as James is showing. DCL has been a very successful signing. From a financial point of view ... I agree

What I find strangest is people’s revisionist history on Rom when he was here after DCL’s performance today. People acting like Lukaku was the same player he was for us that he is now. No way. He’s a fantastic player now and he’s one of best strikers in Italy at the moment but make no mistake he wasn’t near that level when he was with us. He was great for what we needed but there was long stretches where as a footballer he was atrocious. Lots of times when he’d score it was rarely a winner more of a second or third goal after the game was already won, never huge in big games either.

His last season with us was fantastic but I think we all knew he was playing for a move. Dom on the other hand is different. He’s playing for us. He doesn’t want to score 20 goals so he can play for Manchester United in the Champions League, he wants to help us to the Champions League. He’ll still make mistakes and he’s no where near the finished article but he’s a young player who’s come through and has made himself the undisputed starting number 9 for our club.

With himself and Richy they’ve replaced Rom for less than we sold him for and have not just a far better prospect of goals but more impact on our play as well. People saying “oh he’s played x amount of games” or nonsense like that. Yeah. Look how many games he was shoehorned in just because we played direct and he’s great in the air. Lukaku never had to worry about playing anywhere else but up top and if he didn’t control a ball all game but scored the third and fourth goal in a 4-1 win he’d be praised. Dom on the other hand infamously played right back just to plug a hole for the team.

He’s a good lad and clearly loves playing for the club and wants to achieve big things but most importantly he’s developing into a really great player and if people still somehow have a problem with that then I don’t know what to say. We have problems and we’re no where near perfect but our number 9 is not one of those problems. He could be in this team for years to come and achieve great things for us. It’s only a matter of time before England callups come and he’s thrust onto the world stage.

In closing, Dominic Calvert-Lewin will be a better and more important player for Everton Football Club than Romelu Lukaku was and it’s only a matter of time before he takes his record of being the highest goal scorer in the Premier League for us and if you can’t see that well then I’m afraid this game of millionaires kicking a ball around grass is probably not for you.

I’ve been a doubter. But I can’t argue with what he’s delivering. He has the confidence and belief in himself now and he does seem a top bloke too.
He just needs to keep on scoring which it seems he will.
I’m holding my hands up here and I think others should too. He’s responded with goals and goals win matches. I couldn’t care less about England but would an England call up boost his confidence and make him even better???

His second goal was the big difference for me. In the past he'd have been a half step late to get to that ball. Easily could have had a similar goal last week if Richy would have crossed it like he did today.

All three goals today were poachers goals. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

The young man has things you simply can't teach. He's got size, pace to burn, ability in the air...you just can't teach the athletic tools he has.

The good news is there are things that can be taught, an he seems to be a very willing pupil. For me that was the biggest frustration with Rom. World class ability, but questionable motivation to actually reach his potential.

The sky is the limit for Dom so long as he pushes himself to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.