2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a long way to go to become truly destructive. There was also a very small hint that there was a partnership with Richarlison, against West Ham, a couple of occasions in the first half you could see the ball go up and very purposefully Calvert-Lewin came short to win the header while Richarlison got himself into a position to feed off the flick on. Not enough throughout the game though but maybe, just maybe a bit of positive for an actual partnership.

That goal against West Ham is something I'd love to see happen more. Playing on the shoulder of the defender and then using his physicality to get beyond and slot cooly past the keeper. That was a top finish and he's missed his fair share of one on ones this season.

Some proper competition and a quality winger will complement him even further next season.
It's the sort of classic number nine's goal we see too little of. With passers like James and now Godfrey it should happen more often. I suppose modern defences have learned to block it.

More goals like that please. Shades of Lukaku from that WHam goal.
If he can come close to Lukaku's record tally for us next season I'd never complain again.

Well, yeah, if you only look at games he didn't score in then it is true he is terrible but if you only look at games he did score in then he scored in every game.
Yeah I get you. I was being sarcastic because people like to actually do what I was saying. Pick a random 6 game stretch and say he's bad because he hasn't scored. That happens aside from the super elite.

Status
Not open for further replies.