2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hate to keep banging on about 343 but unless you’re dominating the ball it becomes a 523. There’s few options to play into midfield, you end up going long to the centre forward who is totally isolated. The two centre midfielders get stretched trying to cover far too much ground and end up not being effective at getting forward to support the attack or covering the back. It’s a lonely furrow to plough up front, few half chances today but mainly feeding of scraps. Sadly all our good chances fell to Richarlison who’s forgotten how to shoot.

Still need a different type of striker. A ball player, a clever player, someone who can make something out of nothing.....would cost a fortune though. Cut off service to DCL and he becomes a passenger. When we say service to DCL we mean crosses basically as that has become his forte. I still believe he is more of a dunc type of striker when at times we also need the creative off the cuff striker. I wouldn't say he was totally starved of service against Leeds and I would be more inclined to say he was marked out of the game leaving us with nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.