2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such an odd thread. Seems you can’t criticise DCL and if you do you are just wrong.

He has been pretty none existent over the last 2 games and everyone blames the service. Other players put in the same type of performance and they are hammered.

Have you missed both Ancelotti and DCL himself explain his role in the team since Ancelotti joined? He's been told to play his game in the 18 yard box, so if there's no service for him he's not going to look great. And when there is, he does what he (albeit too late) did today.

The reason you're being told you're wrong is, well, because you are.

This is such an odd thread. Seems you can’t criticise DCL and if you do you are just wrong.

He has been pretty none existent over the last 2 games and everyone blames the service. Other players put in the same type of performance and they are hammered.

He was actually pretty decent today long before his goal. Often showing quick footwork and superb hold up/link up play.

It is an odd thread isn’t it. I mean, is it then DCL thread or a thread for the terminally hard of thought to post their ramblings.

I mean take your point “everyone blames the service”. Why do you think that might be?

Is service relevant to how a lone striker will perform or not? If you think not, then can’t help you.

If service is relevant to how a lone striker will perform, then do you think he has had good, no decent, no actually how about any service the last few games?

If you think he’s had even reasonable service the last few games the we disagree about what reasonable service constitutes.

If you accept:
.he had terrible service;
.the midfield had zero attacking impetus;
.lack of any other forward thinking players meant any time he did get the ball he’s quickly surrounded

Then you may see why posters saying things like “he was crap today”, “looked quiet” seem churlish at best.

It’s like a goalkeeper having a terrible defence in front of him, terrible, that give up chance after chance and then coming on a forum and posting about how he keeper had a poor game. It’s kind of pointless.

You can only score if you get chances created. Ge even managed to score late on in a game where he was isolated. The last 2 games have been back to him having to look for the ball. The loss of Richarlison has been massive as he creates a lot of forward momentum which allows DCL to stay nearer the goal.

You can only score if you get chances created. Ge even managed to score late on in a game where he was isolated. The last 2 games have been back to him having to look for the ball. The loss of Richarlison has been massive as he creates a lot of forward momentum which allows DCL to stay nearer the goal.

not really. Lots of strikers create their own chances too.

No... it’s your dislike is unjustified, stats don’t lie my friend! What’s the real reason you don’t like him- is it his good looks ?

yeah thats the reason ‘my friend’ his looks. I’m not a 12 year old girl (sorry to disappoint)

my point is I don’t understand why you can’t have an opinion unless it’s a positive one.

The replies to my post have proved my point.

so your point in this thread is that this particular striker isn’t a different type of striker? You are knocking him for the type of striker he is?

I’m not actually knocking him. I just don’t think he’s played well the last 2 games but that’s my opinion.

he seems to score when gifted a golden opportunity, which is fine a goal is a goal but he offers very little else imo.

I’m not actually knocking him. I just don’t think he’s played well the last 2 games but that’s my opinion.

he seems to score when gifted a golden opportunity, which is fine a goal is a goal but he offers very little else imo.

he didn’t play particularly well last week but it is a very fair point to say he is supposed to be a lone striker and we gave him zero service. It would be my personal opinion too. It seems you believe this is not plausible , which doesn’t make sense to me

I think he did very well today for the little that came to him.

it doesn’t make sense to expect him to turn in to Christian Vieri all of a sudden hitting long range blammos. We can all see what type of striker he seems to be, which for me explains the bad game last week and explains why many consider today a decent shift by him

Status
Not open for further replies.