2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got 15 goals this season in front of a poor midfield. :coffee:

half of these where from direct mistakes from opposition defenders and goalkeepers gifting him the ball inside the 6 yard box. He even nearly missed one of these gifts from 3 yards out.

Teams haven’t made any mistakes against us at the back for a while now..and guess what.. DCL hasn’t scored.

It's quite mad to think that if we had a striker that could finish all the gimmies DCL has missed and added those to the tap ins DCL has scored he would literally be way out infront for the boot this season, what this means is DCL is getting in the positions atleast.... but our fans wont put up with missing sitters/easy chances that could cost us massive points going forward next year.

I Looked at Sons finish against arsenal the other day and I thought wow what a nice little dink, it was such a basic finish but it was a finish of quality that got his team the points. I wish we had that.

half of these where from direct mistakes from opposition defenders and goalkeepers gifting him the ball inside the 6 yard box. He even nearly missed one of these gifts from 3 yards out.

Teams haven’t made any mistakes against us at the back for a while now..and guess what.. DCL hasn’t scored.
To be fair we haven't put defences under any pressure to make them make mistakes for a while now. Post-lockdown footie has been a total dirge fest for us apart from 20 mins against Leicester. That includes, but is not limited to, DCL.

Needs service. If we had limitless funds obviously there is better out there but given there are other positions in more desperate needs of upgrading I'm happy to wait and see what he can do with a fully functioning midfield. At least he doesn't go missing in games. In the last 3 games if we are going to play 4-4-2 I would like to see him partner Kean with Gordon on the left and Richarlison on the right. If Gomes and Delph get fit I would like them as the midfield 2 failing that I would play Baningime and Davies at least the team would be balanced.

Hoped he would continue and kick on but last two games made poor decisions and didn’t show the scoring instinct or the guile to hold up and bring in other players

No they didn't.

Saying stuff like Harry Kane or Didier Drogba took a while to hit their stride so maybe give DCL some slack is not the same as saying DCL is just like Harry Kane or Drogba.

They were comparing scoring stats at a similar age ... that’s a comparison reminds me of sharp is another and using shearer’s scoring record at saints and ignoring the fact he was sold for a British transfer record . People did the same with Barkley and compares his stats to Gerrard , scholes and Lampard at the same age. People should use their eyes to judge players. It spreadsheets and numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.