2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, but he does have 15 goals which shows he’s 1. Improved, and 2. “Turned it around” from last seasons goal tally.

Why you flat out refuse to think he’ll start scoring again is baffling.
So Jelavic "improved" for the first 5 months he was here from the Scottish league, why didn't he "turn it around" from then?

I'm not saying he's crap, I just am skeptical that this isn't temporary. "class is permament, form is temporary", no? Let's see where he falls on that spectrum going forward.

How many people are saying Danny Ings isn't having the form of his life right now and discounting that he's never EVER come close to this before?

So Jelavic "improved" for the first 5 months he was here from the Scottish league, why didn't he "turn it around" from then?

I'm not saying he's crap, I just am skeptical that this isn't temporary. "class is permament, form is temporary", no? Let's see where he falls on that spectrum going forward.

How many people are saying Danny Ings isn't having the form of his life right now and discounting that he's never EVER come close to this before?

Jelavic was almost 27 when we bought him from the SPL. Hardly comparable.

But you said yourself at the start of the season you wrote him off so I’m guessing you’ll just stick with that now on any barren spells he has.

Jelavic was almost 27 when we bought him from the SPL. Hardly comparable.

But you said yourself at the start of the season you wrote him off so I’m guessing you’ll just stick with that now on any barren spells he has.
Or, maybe, shocker here, he's not really shown he can score previously and this is a welcome addition but I am bit skeptical of it being what he is capable of going forward? Is that such a radical stance on my end?

Or, maybe, shocker here, he's not really shown he can score previously and this is a welcome addition but I am bit skeptical of it being what he is capable of going forward? Is that such a radical stance on my end?

I don’t think completely saying he won’t turn it around (A.K.A. start scoring again) falls within the realms of skepticism. Skeptics sit on the fence not fall off it head first on one side like you have.

I don’t think completely saying he won’t turn it around (A.K.A. start scoring again) falls within the realms of skepticism. Skeptics sit on the fence not fall off it head first on one side like you have.
Jebus, your reading comprehension must be a bit rudimentary. I've said, repeatedly, I don't THINK this is what he is. Here, let me help you:

skepticism
[ˈskeptəˌsizəm]

NOUN
  1. a skeptical attitude; doubt as to the truth of something
So, this is me saying I am SKEPTICAL whether this is form or temporary.

1594420443890.png

My strikers.

Jebus, your reading comprehension must be a bit rudimentary. I've said, repeatedly, I don't THINK this is what he is. Here, let me help you:

skepticism
[ˈskeptəˌsizəm]

NOUN
  1. a skeptical attitude; doubt as to the truth of something
So, this is me saying I am SKEPTICAL whether this is form or temporary.

Your two posts here suggest you don’t think he can turn it around. That, again isn’t skepticism that is writing him off completely.

Which is fine - just be clearer.

Who says Im trying to do them down? You said, explicitly, "things will turn round". He's not actually shown that at all. I will GLADLY hold my hand up and say I've gotten it wrong with him but this season is clearly the exception until now. You being offended at someone mentioning that he hasn't had anything like this, ever, in his career is a bit odd.

You might want to find something that differing opinions don't trigger you with when you have no factual basis to support your claim.
I meant the guy who was a 1 in 11 striker probably wasn't magically going to be a better player because he had some semblance of goal scoring form in about 15 matches? He's never been someone who is even remotely a good finisher yet you, for some reason, say "things will turn round for him". Why?

Tom Davies won't turn it around. Holgate is ace. Richarlison is really good tho even if his leg literally fell off from a challenge I would still be skeptical of him rolling around on the pitch.

DCL? He's usually really good at everything except the one actual thing that matters: scoring.

Your two posts here suggest you don’t think he can turn it around. That, again isn’t skepticism that is writing him off completely.

Which is fine - just be clearer.
That was me asking what makes he think DCL can turn it around. I was just looking for something that he saw that maybe I was missing. It was a simple question which he could not answer "keyboard warriors". I don't want ANY Everton player to fail. We have wayyyy too many crap ones, we desperately need good ones. His career has shown that he isn't a good finisher much less a great one. If this is his new normal thank F and so be it. I just don't see this history showing otherwise.

Would probably benefit from a midfield behind him. I don’t think many strikers in world football would bag that many for us and I’m quite surprised he’s managed 15

Status
Not open for further replies.