2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to agree with all of that. His total inability to make anything of that ball from Davies summed him up, that falls to Richie 3 out of 4 times that’s a goal. Good option off the bench for me.
Imagine Lukaku next to Richarlison.

Been saying that for ages now - Lukaku alongside Richarlison and we finish top 7 this season regardless of our crap midfield.

Add a top midfield to that then you get top 4.

Based off he's got potential and I support our players not needlessly do them down because you're trying to look hard in front of your keyboard warrior mates.
Who says Im trying to do them down? You said, explicitly, "things will turn round". He's not actually shown that at all. I will GLADLY hold my hand up and say I've gotten it wrong with him but this season is clearly the exception until now. You being offended at someone mentioning that he hasn't had anything like this, ever, in his career is a bit odd.

You might want to find something that differing opinions don't trigger you with when you have no factual basis to support your claim.

Who says Im trying to do them down? You said, explicitly, "things will turn round". He's not actually shown that at all. I will GLADLY hold my hand up and say I've gotten it wrong with him but this season is clearly the exception until now. You being offended at someone mentioning that he hasn't had anything like this, ever, in his career is a bit odd.

You might want to find something that differing opinions don't trigger you with when you have no factual basis to support your claim.

Not triggered mate. You know what you meant.

Not triggered mate. You know what you meant.
I meant the guy who was a 1 in 11 striker probably wasn't magically going to be a better player because he had some semblance of goal scoring form in about 15 matches? He's never been someone who is even remotely a good finisher yet you, for some reason, say "things will turn round for him". Why?

Tom Davies won't turn it around. Holgate is ace. Richarlison is really good tho even if his leg literally fell off from a challenge I would still be skeptical of him rolling around on the pitch.

DCL? He's usually really good at everything except the one actual thing that matters: scoring.

Last edited:
I meant the guy who was a 1 in 11 striker probably wasn't magically going to be a better player because he had some semblance of goal scoring form in about 15 matches? He's never been someone who is even remotely a good finisher yet you, for some reason, say "things will turn round for him". Why?

Tom Davies won't turn it around. Holgate is ace. Richarlison is really good tho even if his leg literally fell off from a challenge I would still be skeptical of him rolling around on the pitch.

DCL? He's usually really good at everything except the one actual thing that matters: scoring.

Why not retrospectively dissect Hibbo and Osman too whilst you're at it?

Opinions. All entitled to them. I dont agree with yours but be a dull world if we all thought the same. I like DCL. Think he has potential. I also liked Lukaku despite his tackle for a second touch and his apparent lethargy. Is what it is. Go well.

Opinions. All entitled to them. I dont agree with yours but be a dull world if we all thought the same. I like DCL. Think he has potential. I also liked Lukaku despite his tackle for a second touch and his apparent lethargy. Is what it is. Go well.

Old Trampoline shins was the best Striker we have had for donkeys.

I think he has enormous potential. But his weakest point is exactly why I don't have that much faith in him. Kean hasn't shown very much but most of his shots have been on target even if they have been rather direct at the keeper. You literally have no idea what DCL is going to do when he has a chance at a shot. He's never been good at that shown by his record. Has he turned a corner? I mean, honestly, I don't care whatsoever whatever "this" is at the moment, it doesn't count imo. But I think that was a massive purple patch a la Jelevic as opposed to our version of 'arry Kane.

Answer me one simple question: at the start of the season if I said do you think DCL will get 15 goals this season what would you have said?

I meant the guy who was a 1 in 11 striker robably wasn't magically going to be a better player because he had some semblance of goal scoring form in about 15 matches? He's never been someone who is even remotely a good finisher yet you, for some reason, say "things will turn round for him". Why?

Spot on that - its like claiming Jelavic was a top striker based on those first few months at the club whilst ignoring his record before and after.

Strikers can sometimes have periods of good scoring form but if its 3 months out of 3 years its the definition of a purple patch - especially when its during a new manager bounce.

Status
Not open for further replies.