2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
buddies i am giving u until dawn tomorrow to fess up if u rated dcl and used it to rail others for correctly calling him as average. take the opportunity of my kindness or i will vault and CRUSH u all.
so this guy most of u are saying is a talent and just needed time to develop like all young talents??

no buddies let us write him off because these bozos below are the experts of the everton.......

Do 1 bozo.

Thought that was his 2nd game on the spin where he didn't do enough, didn't give the defender's enough to worry about.

tbf I think since the return I would have expected a bit more rotation and that hasn't happened.

He's been terrible the last four games. Somebody said to me yesterday "well what's Richarlison done!" and I nearly spat my coffee out. Richarlison works harder than any other player in our squad and wins almost every free kick that we get in the opposition's half. Almost all of our chances come via him. Lewin doesn't have the workrate that he does and isn't even half as intelligent on the field. He's still useful and should be an option off the bench next season, but never, ever a starter.

He's been terrible the last four games. Somebody said to me yesterday "well what's Richarlison done!" and I nearly spat my coffee out. Richarlison works harder than any other player in our squad and wins almost every free kick that we get in the opposition's half. Almost all of our chances come via him. Lewin doesn't have the workrate that he does and isn't even half as intelligent on the field. He's still useful and should be an option off the bench next season, but never, ever a starter.

Got to agree with all of that. His total inability to make anything of that ball from Davies summed him up, that falls to Richie 3 out of 4 times that’s a goal. Good option off the bench for me.
Imagine Lukaku next to Richarlison.

Correct....we can still use DCL, but if we really want to move on we need another forward at least as good as Richarlison......that goal from Richarlison yesterday tho......now imagine that pass being played to DCL.....thats why we need a more accomplished player

Correct....we can still use DCL, but if we really want to move on we need another forward at least as good as Richarlison......that goal from Richarlison yesterday tho......now imagine that pass being played to DCL.....thats why we need a more accomplished player

We don't need to imagine it, it happened in the second half and he messed it up, maybe if his shorts weren't so tight he could've moved with a bit more freedom to control it. Unless he's 2 yards out for a tap in he's absolutely garbage.

That touch summed up his performance really, how he managed to judge the flight of the ball that poorly before hitting it with every part of his body that wasn't his foot is beyond me. Richarlison bags there easy and we're 2-1 up.

Definitely improved no doubt but still not the quality that is needed to put teams to the sword especially when we create 2 chances all game

Got to agree with all of that. His total inability to make anything of that ball from Davies summed him up, that falls to Richie 3 out of 4 times that’s a goal. Good option off the bench for me.
Imagine Lukaku next to Richarlison.

He would be standing around moaning at the fact that the ball has gone back to Pickford again from the half way line.

Any striker would.

People are mentioning Ings. I don't mind Ings at all, thought he was very good for Burnley and a couple of horrific injuries set him back years, but what he does very well is make intelligent runs and gets on the end of things. If he played for us he would get about 3 goals a season as those balls are not coming for him to run on to.

He is just not good enough. The ball rarely sticks with him. He rarely finds a team mate with a pass of more than 4 ft (and some of those he under-hits). He never beats a defender for speed. He has a weak shot (usually straight at the keeper). He makes the wrong decisions. He gives away stupid needless fouls when we are in an attacking position. All he does is make good runs (but doesn't do anything with the ball if he gets it) and wins some of the headers when it's punted up field by Pickford or the defence (the laws of average say that everyone would win some of those. It's not as if he wins them and guides his header to a team mate, it just skims off his head and we hope for the best. Desire for him to be/come good shouldn't blind us to the fact that he isn't any good. That's just wishful thinking.
Ask youself this. Whenwe break and he has the ball, do you expect something to happen (Richarlison) or do you just hope that something will happen (DCL)?

Status
Not open for further replies.