2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are bottlers- any other side with quality like Wolves or Utd would have turned that Chelsea side over today.

When fully fit they would also have players like Kante, Kovavic, Jorginho padding out the side.

Sad to say Joey but Zataraitis has struck you harder than Coronavirus.

Where most of the stockpiled bog roll has gone, to clean up the BS in here today ! Let's move on. Bad day ALL round. Hopefully Carlo now sees it.

Half of Jimenez's havent come from defensive howlers and GK errors though.

DCL has literally scored about 5 goals from keepers and CB's being stupid.

Yes they are goals but those mistakes wont always come around therefore I would rather my striker be able to score 1 on 1's etc which he doesnt do like Arsenal and today.

A goal is a goal no matter how you score it, wether it’s a long range, close range, shinner, header etc. To just dismiss that is agenda driven stupidity

Half of Jimenez's havent come from defensive howlers and GK errors though.

DCL has literally scored about 5 goals from keepers and CB's being stupid.

Yes they are goals but those mistakes wont always come around therefore I would rather my striker be able to score 1 on 1's etc which he doesnt do like Arsenal and today.
I disagree. Defenders always make little errors and seizing on them is good forward play.

A goal is a goal no matter how you score it, wether it’s a long range, close range, shinner, header etc. To just dismiss that is agenda driven stupidity

Its not - he's had some big fortune in alot of his goals.

If you think he'll keep being gifted goals from opposition mistakes fair enough you must think we have done a deal with Satan.

I knew as soon as richy passed it to him he was gonna miss. It's the exact type of chance he always seems to squander and the reason why he will never be top notch and the reason why he isn't the answer to our striking ills.

I don't care how many he has scored this season, he isn't and never will a top, reliable, striker. When he has time to think before a scoring chance you can bet he misses 4 out of 5.

I knew as soon as richy passed it to him he was gonna miss. It's the exact type of chance he always seems to squander and the reason why he will never be top notch and the reason why he isn't the answer to our striking ills.

I don't care how many he has scored this season, he isn't and never will a top, reliable, striker. When he has time to think before a scoring chance you can bet he misses 4 out of 5.
No composure. He snaps up half chances because there's no expectation in that scenario.

Its not - he's had some big fortune in alot of his goals.

If you think he'll keep being gifted goals from opposition mistakes fair enough you must think we have done a deal with Satan.

It is mate, the mark of any striker is to be there at all times to finish, all the greats in this league from Shearer to Henry to Cole to Fowler and so on scored tap ins and capitalised on defensive mistakes the likes of which DCL is derided for (and before you start I’m in no way comparing Dom to them)

It is mate, the mark of any striker is to be there at all times to finish, all the greats in this league from Shearer to Henry to Cole to Fowler and so on scored tap ins and capitalised on defensive mistakes the likes of which DCL is derided for (and before you start I’m in no way comparing Dom to them)

I agree its a good trait to have- but imo only if those traits are alongside all round good finishing which those strikers you mentioned had.

For me he just isnt a natural centre forward and will never be a regular 15-20 goal a season forward. I still think he's improved this season and would have him as 3rd choice but realistically if we want top 4 we are going to need a real top class ST alongside Richarlison imo.

I mentioned a few weeks back Lacazette wouldn't be a bad signing if he ends up leaving Arsenal as whilst he hasnt the work rate of DCL he is a natural slotter which would compliment Richarlison's work rate better. DCL to then come off the bench and run a tiring opposition ragged.

If not the likes of Moussa Dembele and Werner would be worth a look at.

I agree its a good trait to have- but imo only if those traits are alongside all round good finishing which those strikers you mentioned had.

For me he just isnt a natural centre forward and will never be a regular 15-20 goal a season forward. I still think he's improved this season and would have him as 3rd choice but realistically if we want top 4 we are going to need a real top class ST alongside Richarlison imo.

I mentioned a few weeks back Lacazette wouldn't be a bad signing if he ends up leaving Arsenal as whilst he hasnt the work rate of DCL he is a natural slotter which would compliment Richarlison's work rate better. DCL to then come off the bench and run a tiring opposition ragged.

If not the likes of Moussa Dembele and Werner would be worth a look at.

Scored 10 in 14 games playing the full 90 in 12 of them, 13 total in the league. There is no reason he can’t hit that or more every year going forward, especially if/when we get a better supply in for both him and Richarlison (funny how no one is going after him for goal returns when he’s scored 3 less)

Status
Not open for further replies.