2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The manager also starts him every game. I’d bet a lot that we won’t be buying a first choice striker this summer to move ahead of Calvert Lewin. Ancelotti rates him.
There's a lot of wriggle room there.

Are you saying no stirker will be bought, or that none will be bought with the intent of replacing Calvert-Lewin?

There's a lot of wriggle room there.

Are you saying no stirker will be bought, or that none will be bought with the intent of replacing Calvert-Lewin?

I’d imagine a 4th choice striker might be bought. An older more experienced target man type to replace Tosun and offer a plan B. I see Calvert Lewin, Richarlison and Kean being the three main options up top for us next season as long as Richarlison doesn’t get tempted away.

Or because historically Ancelotti favours a 2 striker formation wherever he’s been.
He has no set formation. He plays to the strengths (and weaknesses) of the squad he inherits. He's played two up fron in a 442 or a dimaond; he's played 433, 4141, 4321...he's an adaptable manager because of strengths/weaknesses in squads.

Here, he's adapting to an attacking weakness by handing DCL a partner.

I’d imagine a 4th choice striker might be bought. An older more experienced target man type to replace Tosun and offer a plan B. I see Calvert Lewin, Richarlison and Kean being the three main options up top for us next season as long as Richarlison doesn’t get tempted away.
IMO, we'll see Richarlison leave and we'll get two strikers in.

CA will defo want the option of playing one up front on a regular basis. We dont have that now.

If you watch it properly, you will see where the ball comes from prior to you capturing it in that moment, it had just been up in his groin area and went straight down, he did well to get the ball out of his feet and get a shot off, that picture is a still and very misleading but you know that.
Nah, load of rubbish that for me.
His shot was what it was because of body shape and the lack of composure. He had enough time and he has enough quality to side foot that low to Leno's left.

It's ok to say he should have scored. It doesn't make him a bad player. I actually think he's becoming a very good one.

Two goals away at Arsenal and we lose; the problem isn't with the front two.

DCL is coming along nicely and with his current scoring rate deserves his starting place. Carlo has got a few puzzles to solve with the squad including should he buy another striker when he might upset the present balance. I think that DCL and Richie get us to the fringe of the top four but to break into it we require a step up in quality and effectiveness; think what Man City did with the injection of quality.

DCL's job is to make it difficult for Carlo to choose someone above him and that Carlo looks to sort out more pressing problems like central midfield, central defence and our right back position.

I fully expect DCL/Richie to both score at the weekend - now if the muppets at the back can do their job....

I think you’ve had too many mandies Joe.
lol sure. anyway DCL has deffo improved and I like him as a person, he seems very bright young lad. But he's a coaster an we need so much more. All the middle fingers im getting on responses are a sign people are very defensive of enjoying the lad, you're allowed too but im also allowed to say things as I see them. No offence intended right?

He has no set formation. He plays to the strengths (and weaknesses) of the squad he inherits. He's played two up fron in a 442 or a dimaond; he's played 433, 4141, 4321...he's an adaptable manager because of strengths/weaknesses in squads.

Here, he's adapting to an attacking weakness by handing DCL a partner.
Hmmm interesting insight

CA will defo want the option of playing one up front on a regular basis. We dont have that now.
So who could we get? You offer so much talk with zero solution? Basic ! Who within our budget would be better?

I really hope that Richarlison has one more season with us to hit some really good stats - i.e. get 15-20 goals, 5-10 assists, and then really prove himself not just on playing ability and performances but stats as well, and then gets his move to wherever he wants. I think he's more level headed and loyal than most, and if he feels like maybe he can help us get into top 6 or win something and then move on, it'll be nice. I really wish he'd stay for his full contract, but that'll be a dream situation

So who could we get? You offer so much talk with zero solution? Basic ! Who within our budget would be better?

Regretfully, Davek is one of those people who drones about how things are being done wrong, people are terrible at their jobs, their positions etc or he claims our signings were the wrong one. but when asked what could be done better or who we should have signed goes 'well that's not my job' or 'i'm not paid to know to that'

I think a lot of the time Davek is just being controversial. The TalkSport of the forum.

Our budget has been massive. A club that spens £30M on tat like Iwobi.

Who should it be? How is that my call to make? Let me ask you a question: do you think there aren't players out there with better movement and end product than DCL with the cash we'll likely to have to throw at it - with or withit the sale of Richarlison?

I really hope that Richarlison has one more season with us to hit some really good stats - i.e. get 15-20 goals, 5-10 assists, and then really prove himself not just on playing ability and performances but stats as well, and then gets his move to wherever he wants. I think he's more level headed and loyal than most, and if he feels like maybe he can help us get into top 6 or win something and then move on, it'll be nice. I really wish he'd stay for his full contract, but that'll be a dream situation
He'll be ambitious: Watford ---> Everton ----> Euro Power....in as short at time as is necessary.

It's what we do as a club. Facilitate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.