2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
They dont intentionally however thats exactly what they are advocating mate.

1. There are few top strikers out there in general

2. We dont have CL football to attract top players

3. Top CF's cost a fortune and Brands has said we are not in the market for £70/£80 million players.

That limits us to punts from abroad in which for ever Jimenez There's about 20 Tosuns and Niasses.

Instead of wasting money we should just do the kin obvious and bring in proven quality who are attainable for a club at our current level.

Proven quality who has only scored goals in 1 season out of 10.

LOL

I don’t mind ings but DCL for me, I do like to see English strikers doing well in the PL but it doesn’t mean we need to snap them up for a overinflated price

I don’t mind ings but DCL for me, I do like to see English strikers doing well in the PL but it doesn’t mean we need to snap them up for a overinflated price

But we need 4x strikers if we are playing 4-4-2 going forward and hopefully in Europe.

Therefore its either a punt abroad that could be another Tosun or someone who's a proven goalscorer in this league.

You do realise that a two in isn’t a simple goal don’t you
I mean you do realise they have to get themselves into the right position to do the two in don’t you
I mean you do realise they have to keep their composure and finish the tap in or make the comedy end of season missed reel don’t you ? Yesh I knew you knew I was just checking
You do realise I quoted the wrong post don’t you
Gawd I am full of Belgian beer
Was half way through the post before I realised and I've had nothing stronger than a builders tea.

How does DCL stack up since 2014

DCL has time on his side and doesn't seem to get injured a lot.

View attachment 79125
DCL has time on his side and doesn't seem to get injured a lot.

But its not a question of DCL or Ings - We need 4 strikers at the club going forward but only have 3.

My whole argument is Ings should be a summer target if we are to be able to compete on more than 1 front effectively whereas others just snigger thinking we'll reach top 4 or go the distance in the cups with DCL and Richarlison playing every week (maybe 2 games a week if we qualfiy for europe) and Kean hasn't exactly shown he's ready yet as he? So thats 2 reliable CF's you could argue.

Status
Not open for further replies.