2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you in the fact that ings has superior striker instincts his movement and finishing is top class. However he would cost a bomb, his injury issues in the past make it a risk and being Ex RS makes it unlikely. just an unrealstic shout for a transfer

Problem is mate if we have any realistic ambitions of Europe we simply need 4 strikers at the club especially if Tosun and Niasse leave.

Now 2 of those would be DCL & Kean who are still young and developing

1 is Richarlison who isnt an out and out CF (yet)

That leaves 1x CF we could do with signing especially if we qualify for Europe and have 2 games a week playing 2 up top every game.

Ings for me is proven in the league and little risk - depending on the price / availability he would or should be a target of ours otherwise he'll eventually end up at a Spurs or Leicester imo.

What was Ings doing at 19, 20 and 21 mate?

I couldn't give a toss mate - I care what he's doing in the here and now and thats scoring goals every week.

Our fanbase obsession with only wanting players who are or were good at 19 needs to stop.

Do you think Klopp or LFC fans care that Van Dijk, Allison, Salah and Mane are all 27/28 and actually have adams apples and pubic hair?

Problem is mate if we have any realistic ambitions of Europe we simply need 4 strikers at the club especially if Tosun and Niasse leave.

That leaves 1x CF we could do with signing especially if we qualify for Europe and have 2 games a week playing 2 up top every game.

Ings for me is proven in the league and little risk - depending on the price / availability he would or should be a target of ours otherwise he'll eventually end up at a Spurs or Leicester imo.
Little risk? He barely trains in the week because his knee has gone.

I couldn't give a toss mate - I care what he's doing in the here and now and thats scoring goals every week.

Our fanbase obsession with only wanting players who are or were good at 19 needs to stop.

Do you think Klopp or LFC fans care that Van Dijk, Allison, Salah and Mane are all 27/28 and actually have adams apples and pubic hair?

Hello mate, what if DCL is as good as Ings when he’s 27?

Hello mate, what if DCL is as good as Ings when he’s 27?

If he is great for us all - my point is I find it odd how everyone laughs at the notion of signing a bloke who's starting to look to have gotten over their injury problems and actually being quite decent.

They would rather we throw £30 million at a Tosun abroad than £50 million at a bloke who's scoring every week in the league.

Its ludicrous.

I'd Order CM, RW, CB and then CF in order of priority. Goals win matches but proven class goal scorers or attackers are rare and cost a bomb. There isn't much value in english markets and after City being booted out of EC I'd say we would be keen to not flout regulations.

Like I'd be pissed if we sold DCL for less than 35-40 mil however I'd be mortified if I was another clubs supporter and spending that amount on him

If he is great for us all - my point is I find it odd how everyone laughs at the notion of signing a bloke who's starting to look to have gotten over their injury problems and actually being quite decent.

They would rather we throw £30 million at a Tosun abroad than £50 million at a bloke who's scoring every week in the league.

Its ludicrous.

No they don’t mate.

Its ludicrous.

You wanted us to spend 70m on Callum Wilson in the Summer.

LOL

Its ludicrous.l

rather keep DCL tbh

No they don’t mate.

They dont intentionally however thats exactly what they are advocating mate.

1. There are few top strikers out there in general

2. We dont have CL football to attract top players

3. Top CF's cost a fortune and Brands has said we are not in the market for £70/£80 million players.

That limits us to punts from abroad in which for ever Jimenez There's about 20 Tosuns and Niasses.

Instead of wasting money we should just do the kin obvious and bring in proven quality who are attainable for a club at our current level.

Im just laughing at all the druids who cant see how hypocritical they are that they are desperate to convince everyone that dares rate Ings as being a 1 season wonder yet are absolutely up DCL's hoop over a good 2 months in 3 years at the club.

The thing is you haven't noticed none of us, not even me, have called Danny Ings crap we just don't understand why anyone would want us to sign him when his stats are the same as DCL's, he's older & he'd cost a fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.