2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also i think there is fair point there to say that previous managers, tasked him one occupying a centre half and two running the flanks to stretch a defense to make room for midfield runners, both things take him out of the danger zone, i think its a coincidence that there has been an uptake in his output since Carlo took over and told him to stay in the box.

Amazing how Rom delivered the goods for year after year yet was criticised by some yet DCL runs around alot and scores a few goals in the space of about 1 month with the rest of his 2 years or so here underwhelming yet is suddenly the real deal - only Evertonians.

Amazing how Rom delivered the goods for year after year yet was criticised by some yet DCL runs around alot and scores a few goals in the space of about 1 month with the rest of his 2 years or so here underwhelming yet is suddenly the real deal - only Evertonians.
Two wrongs don't make a right.

Amazing how some people forget that big headed baby downed tools before the end of a season costing higher league placing and European qualification. If you can show me DCL do this ever feel free to vault. I'm not questioning the egotistical Instagram stars finishing ability, I'm questioning his character btw. We have the makings of a 20+ goals a season striker here in my opinion.

???????? DCL has been criticized as well, whats your point here.

But you criticize DCL so isn't that just an equivalent situation you're describing?

Amazing how some people forget that big headed baby downed tools before the end of a season costing higher league placing and European qualification. If you can show me DCL do this ever feel free to vault. I'm not questioning the egotistical Instagram stars finishing ability, I'm questioning his character btw. We have the makings of a 20+ goals a season striker here in my opinion.
Not to mention mailed it in for a month leading up to a cup semi that we lost because he wasn't sharp.

I still like Rom overall, but he wasn't above any criticism.

Lukaku thought he was better than he was, he did well at Everton but Utd sold him at a loss.
He is doing well again in Italy, but I think most would accept that the standard is lower.
When we needed him most like the cup semi final he could not deliver .
A good player , no doubt about that, but I would regard him as a second tier striker than one of the very best.

DCL is a different type of player, he works for the team and doesn't need a team built around him as Lukaku does.
DCL will probably always score less but contribute more to the team.

Lukaku thought he was better than he was, he did well at Everton but Utd sold him at a loss.
He is doing well again in Italy, but I think most would accept that the standard is lower.
When we needed him most like the cup semi final he could not deliver .
A good player , no doubt about that, but I would regard him as a second tier striker than one of the very best.

DCL is a different type of player, he works for the team and doesn't need a team built around him as Lukaku does.
DCL will probably always score less but contribute more to the team.

Does he contribute loads to the team though? He works hard like but up top on his own he's useless.

The fact we can only play a 2 up top formation to make him useful in any sense surely points to him being just as much a hinderance?

Richarlison on the other hand can play in a front 2, up top on his own, out wide on both flanks - now thats someone who's a massive use to the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.