2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
whether or not we go with a blood-and-thunder 4-4-2 going forward, I want two up top. It works. Especially with one physical/holdup guy and one pacy/skilled finisher guy.

DCL looked much better with Richy alongside him. They both benefitted from it IMO.
Could’nt agree more, back to basics really worked wonders. In the earlier matches he was stood all alone with 10-15yards to his closest mate, he had no chance then. Nobody, not Lewandovsky or anyone could have created much from that mess....

Could’nt agree more, back to basics really worked wonders. In the earlier matches he was stood all alone with 10-15yards to his closest mate, he had no chance then. Nobody, not Lewandovsky or anyone could have created much from that mess....

In that sense he's a bit old fashioned no.9 in his style of play, and yes definitely benefits from people around him. The little backheel for Davies was good, his general play was excellent

whether or not we go with a blood-and-thunder 4-4-2 going forward, I want two up top. It works. Especially with one physical/holdup guy and one pacy/skilled finisher guy.

DCL looked much better with Richy alongside him. They both benefitted from it IMO.

Not just them but all players benefited from dropping the Silva tactics. Certainly caught Chelsea out and oh no set piece cock ups.

In general social media gives a voice to cretins....I will let you off as you are a blue.

Social - an informal social gathering, especially one organized by the members of a particular club or group

Media - a means by which something is communicated or expressed

You do know what an internet forum is don't you?

I think DCL is much better than is being suggested. He was extremely effective on Saturday playing in a particular fashion, but also because he was very well supported by his team mates from midfield. It looks easy when all of the elements link up like they did on Saturday, but it hasn't been happening at all this season so there must be tremendous credit to Duncan for sorting that. Indeed in Duncan DCL has the perfect mentor and can explain to the other players precisely how to best service and support DCL.

I started off saying DCL is better than suggested and I believe he is. Unfortunately, this season, he hasn't had much chance to show that. Our attacking plan has not been coherent. It's been bits and pieces with the formation and personnel changing far too regularly. There was no obvious pattern and predictability about how we attacked. It must be hugely frustrating being a striker and not knowing what your midfield is going to do. Where am I supposed to be? What run am I supposed to make? Are they going to come short or running beyond me? Are they crossing early or trying to get in behind? You have to know these things.

Duncan has showed we have a plan A, the next step will be to develop a plan B too.

Status
Not open for further replies.