2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crossroads in his career this now.

He takes it up a level or he is not a Premiership player.
If picked, we will back him. If he plays gash, the fans will let him know.
I think most hope he kicks on from here.

If he doesn't kick on then we simply need to sell and replace.

He played as she should have been played all these games, mixing it with defenders and getting in front of goal. WEell done to him.

In MOTD shearer was full of praise for him.
I remember Shearer saying how he loved the physical side of the game, mixing it with defenders and trying to out-muscle them and tbh there was no one better at it so it's no wonder he admired Doms effort yesterday. Shearer loved that style.

Crossroads in his career this now.

He takes it up a level or he is not a Premiership player.
If picked, we will back him. If he plays gash, the fans will let him know.
I think most hope he kicks on from here.

If he doesn't kick on then we simply need to sell and replace.

This is absolute nonsense btw. He might never be the guy that gets 20 goals a season but he has a career in the Premier League. He'd get in a fair few teams and I reckon most squads.

And anyone who doesn't hope he kicks on simply isn't an Everton fan.

I don't think people understand the term "PL level player" whatsoever.

You don't have to be Thierry Henry to be deemed a PL-level player.

You might hate DCL, he might never slot 15+ per season but he's still too good to play Championship or below.

Just look at some of the people playing PL level currently at Norwich, Southampton, long term veterans from the past like Kevin Davies etc.

Use your brains just once in your lives.

You might hate DCL, he might never slot 15+ per season but he's still too good to play Championship or below.

Just look at some of the people playing PL level currently at Norwich, Southampton, long term veterans from the past like Kevin Davies etc.

well, everyone knows his limitations but 7 in 17 ain’t a bad return tbh.

Dont think anybody ha

There isnt a world of difference between lower to mid table prem clubs and the top of the championship bigger clubs. Prem money once got by the likes of leeds west brom etc will make them no different to your norwich and southamptons.
Hate is a strong word. When people comment on him its not hate. Its frustration. He bullied chelsea yest. Fantastic. Just like kevin davies used to for lower to mid table clubs. And thats the exact point. No top teams have just bullies.
Jury was out for me for a few seasons with him. But if we have any ambition of really pushing up to a level we would all like to see he's not it. For now though keep on bullying like yest. Its needed.

He's a handful against farts that are terrified of a physical battle, like Mustafi and Christensen, but a manager will need to pick and choose his games carefully unless he finds a way to play with two strikers every week.

Dcl biggest problem is that Everton don’t have a better striker than him. He would be a very effective back up striker, capable of putting in performances like yesterday, but imagine having a Vardy type player at Goodison. Aggressive, pacey and looking to get in on goal constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.