2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....most folk don’t like to hear this, but DCL is currently the most effective striker we have at our disposal. I said it before last nights game, i’m chuffed he managed to get a few goals last night.

We all desperately want Kean to be a success but his goalscoring threat looks no better than DCL at this stage. Those who say just play him so he can build confidence, complain about the manager when we lose in the league or get knocked out of a cup.

Points are valuable as is progress in the cup, posters call for us to play our best team. DCL gets in our best team at the moment, Kean needs to turn that situation around by grasping his chance when it next arrives.

I said on the other thread, his first goal last night was outstanding but after the 10th minute and especially second half he was wayward, lazy and clumsy.

....much preferred his 2nd goal myself, he needs to be getting on the end of things like that.

Yep, striker's should love tap ins and my only gripe with him is that he doesn't get in enough positions to score. You've got to "want it" and then the goals come.

Either way, great brace and it's up to him now to show he can continue that effort as he'll be given the shirt on Saturday

I said on the other thread, his first goal last night was outstanding but after the 10th minute and especially second half he was wayward, lazy and clumsy.

He had a header and a tap in that the keeper saved that 1st half. He got behind their defence plenty.

2nd half the whole attacking 4 were poor.

Tap ins are all about movement away from defenders, you will see in the main DCL does the opposite when we are in attacking third. His instinct is to get close to gain a physical advantage over defenders, alright for lower leagues not the prem.

Agree with Eggs, if we are just going to throw crosses in left, right and centre DCL is our best striker. We must try to play through the middle more to vary our attack. The pass for the first goal was more like it, though you do get more space at this level.

done alrite by the looks of it, good finish for the first and actually some good movement for the second

still pick Kean every single day of the week over him though.

Good on DCL getting a couple but in perspective it was a championship side. As soon as he starts doing the same thing against PL opposition (not once in a blue moon) then we can start getting excited about him.....but until then..............

He’s had very, very little service so far this year. Same as Kean which is why neither of them are scoring. If we created more chances like last nights second goal he’d be well off the mark by now. Genuinely don’t think it’s our strikers problem, it’s the lack of decent chances being created for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.