2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Kean takes on the pressure of scoring goals, I think DCL would actualy make a formidable forward. Think he would be much better making the chances than trying to score them tbh, though that's not a high bar to reach admittedly.

It is a shocking indictment to the board/brands that we have 2 championship level centre forwards (Lewin, Toshun) and a 19 year old kid who will surely need 2/3 tears before making an impact at the top level of the Prem.

As for `I think DCL would actualy make a formidable forward'. You have either 1) Not watched any prem football the last 8 years or 2) Need professional help.

If Kean takes on the pressure of scoring goals, I think DCL would actualy make a formidable forward. Think he would be much better making the chances than trying to score them tbh, though that's not a high bar to reach admittedly.

He's not very creative though. There's a role for him in the squad but it's definitely from the bench the majority of the time.

giving the number 9 shirt to a guy with a goal ratio of 1 in 8 in the prem for us seems a bit disrespectful to the memory of the great dixie dean

even if it is based on potential, most level headed folk know he aint going to start turning into harry kane smashing 30 goals a season any time soon

He's not very creative though. There's a role for him in the squad but it's definitely from the bench the majority of the time.
He gets is good positions frequently, has good skills too and can pass, if his role was to get the ball to Kean in a dangerous spot instead of being on the end of the ball he would do a lot better imo.

Well it would appear Brands & Silva rate the lad.

I’ll take that over some of the expert opinion on here.

Its not like he hasn't played for us mate. Getting close to 100 games for us now. I think that is more than enough games for blues to cast an opinion on a player.

He is in the line up to do one thing more than anything else... score goals. He doesn't and he is rightly criticized for it based on that alone.

...I like DCL, he has all the ammunition to trouble Premier League CBs and is a useful squad member but I expect Kean will be a different level.

I watched DCL in this summers U21 tournament and there was a stark contrast with the opposing striker v Romania (I think). They had a lad who looked a bit tubby but was a real handful, scored a key goal, took off his shirt and jumped into the crowd he was so chuffed and demonstrated how much the game mattered.

I dare say that player is some way behind DCL as far as wealth is concerned, but in that game he was simply far more effective. It was disappointing.

It is a shocking indictment to the board/brands that we have 2 championship level centre forwards (Lewin, Toshun) and a 19 year old kid who will surely need 2/3 tears before making an impact at the top level of the Prem.

As for `I think DCL would actualy make a formidable forward'. You have either 1) Not watched any prem football the last 8 years or 2) Need professional help.

What a genuine load of absolute rubbish that is.

DCL will have his uses this season and there’s no denying bar scoring he’s actually quite decent.

Everyone has been critical because of his goal scoring and let’s be honest we were all quite worried because we thought he was going to be our only option.

Status
Not open for further replies.