2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Kean pushes him and maybe have a partnership with him. Unlikely. But I hope. Otherwise it's curtains.

Dixie Dean, Tommy Lawton, Dave Hickson, Joe Royle, Bob Latchford, Graeme Sharp, Duncan Ferguson, Dominic Calvert Lewin, Er what? pmsl. o_O lol

Cringe worthy giving him the number 9 shirt tbh. Has done nothing to earn it, well apart from 11 goals in 3 years. But he puts a lot of effort in bless him.

Anyway its only a shirt number so who really cares but if i was him i think i would have requested another because it is just asking for ridicule especially when he is already boasting about it and is probably going to spend most of this season as back up to a proper striker who can score goals.

What about Alex?

Big season, he must recognise this, lets hope he gets plenty of chances, his work rate is good, his effort is unquestionable, but lets be honest , he doesn't net enough. I wonder who is coaching him in forward play ?.

Of course they are it’s history. Some football traditions should still remain and this is one of them.
Sandro, Arouna Kone and Landon Donovan are our last three number 9s, I think the tradition’s been tarnished somewhat.

Instead of pointless moaning that achieves absolutely nothing our fans could perhaps support the lad and get behind him. Although that seems to be a big problem for some.

Big fan of him getting the #9

It's a big show of faith from Silva and I hope he repays it. Even if he doesn't bag goals the last few months of the season proved that the team benefits from DCL playing upfront.

Status
Not open for further replies.