2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't understand the desire to ship him out on loan personally. Football is a team game, and especially if we want to compete in the cups, he'll find himself with plenty of minutes next season to improve

It doesn't take anything away from DCL that we get either another young attacker to compete with him for the CF position (realistic) , or a more experienced goalscorer whom we think can definitely score 15-20 goals (very difficult to find). He can't take the load of the attacking position on his own, because last year we had only Tosun as back up and Richarlison sometimes, which didn't quite work because we needed Richarlison on the wide attacking position.

I think DCL is still excellent for the future, I want him to stay and score loads of goals with us, and he will learn and improve from team mates and competition and quality!

We'd be mad to let this lad go anywhere. I think he'd really benefit from training alongside a proven 'seasoned pro', like Sharpie did with Gray. He'd learn a lot more to his craft than he will with the galoot Ferguson.

would you be happy with Shane long leading the line? If the answer is rightly no, then why would you want someone who scores at a lesser rate and does the same dog without a bone act

Shane Long is 32 years old and isn't going to get any better than what he currently is

Dominic Calvert-Lewin is ten years younger and will continue to improve

He will start slotting next season if he's given the chance, I'm sure of it, he just needs to put a couple away early doors and he'll be off to the races

Shane Long is 32 years old and isn't going to get any better than what he currently is

He will start slotting next season if he's given the chance, I'm sure of it, he just needs to put a couple away and he'll be off to the races
Questionable

People have been saying that since he's been in the team and he's never even remotely looked like he would start slotting regularly

would you be happy with Shane long leading the line? If the answer is rightly no, then why would you want someone who scores at a lesser rate and does the same dog without a bone act
I think if you look at our good run at the end of the season you see DCL’s value. Bullying the centre backs, beating them to headers, being quicker and stronger than most of them helped us enormously and causes massive uncertainty in their back line that we capitalised on against Arsenal, United and Chelsea amongst others.

If you think Shane Long could do what Calvert-Lewin was doing for us in them games then you’d be mistaken.

Yes his scoring rate needs improvement but he’s a big asset for us even if when he’s not scoring.

He’s improved every single aspect of his game leaps and bounds since his first few appearances, I think with a little more patience we’ll also see improvements in his goalscoring.

He will start slotting next season if he's given the chance, I'm sure of it, he just needs to put a couple away early doors and he'll be off to the races
Goalscoring is all about confidence. When you stick a few away you start thinking less about it and it becomes instinct. I just hope Dom does exactly this because he'll be a brilliant player if he can add a finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.