2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not missing any point. Scoring goals and creating himself chances surely comes with those instructions also. Apart from Richarlison he is the best we have (maybe debatable) but neither are ideal so we need another striker in rather than hoping he will eventually come good and start scoring the goals we need.

Agree with that

His goal ratio is the equivalent of most of the forwards around us at the moment so he clearly isn’t ‘crap’ as you histrionically assert.
Secondly most strikers don’t ‘suddenly’ become good they have to work hard to achieve their status over several seasons.
He is young , already capable and is improving exponentially with every game.
In any case it is clear the manager and DoF believe in him and it’s their job to know these things.

He has scored 1 goal in 11 games this season... (sorry wrong year... 3 in 17 this season)

He has scored 8 for us in total in 3 seasons. In fact his stats are getting worse!!!

Pure garbage player who wouldn't even be starting up front in the Championship

Should read more carefully , title of the thread is “ would you have lukaku back” not do you think we SHOULD get him. If he came back , which is literally not an option , then I would have him back no problem. Would I spend time targeting him? Nope, he would cost to much time and we would never end up getting him as he wouldn’t come back .

Is that wrong?

He has scored 1 goal in 11 games this season...

He has scored 8 for us in total in 3 seasons. In fact his stats are getting worse!!!

Pure garbage player who wouldn't even be starting up front in the Championship

2,856 mins (~32 Apps) with 8 goals, 8 assists, plenty of won penalties and a wrongly disallowed goal against Spurs.

Yeh he's terrible for a 21-year old that's played under Ronald Koeman and Sam Allardyce.

See post above as it didn’t include your oat in the reply for some reason
oats.jpg

2,856 mins (~32 Apps) with 8 goals, 8 assists, plenty of won penalties and a wrongly disallowed goal against Spurs.

Yeh he's terrible for a 21-year old that's played under Ronald Koeman and Sam Allardyce.

It wasn't wrongly disallowed. He pushed him in the back. He's thick as well... constantly gives away soft free kicks when we have the defence under pressure.

you can't seriously believe 8 goals is a good return for a 21 year old striker?

It wasn't wrongly disallowed. He pushed him in the back. He's thick as well... constantly gives away soft free kicks when we have the defence under pressure.

Well no, it wasn't a push in the back at all and considering you think that I can safely discount absolutely everything you write on GOT.

8 GOALS AND 8 ASSISTS IN 32 GAMES IS AN EXCELLENT RETURN IN AN AVERAGE, TRANSITING TEAM

Definitely improving, which is pleasing. Will never be of the standard required for a side pushing for top 6 though, for me.

I think it'd be best for player and club if, after this season, he made the move, either on loan initially or permanently, to a lowly PL club where he could at least start out as their number one striker. Huddersfield, Burnley, that kind of level. Their strikers (Depoitre, Wood, Vokes) are all cart-horses but similar in style to DCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.