Dominic Calvert Lewin for Beto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

…a thread about a substitution :celebrate: I thought it was an obvious change.

Maybe he brought Beto off because he was ineffective and hoped DCL might improve things.
Maybe giving Beto a bit of support would be something a decent manager would do.

Yanno instead of getting the other 10 behind the ball and hoping for a break that never comes.

Terrible tactics.

Maybe giving Beto a bit of support would be something a decent manager would do.

Yanno instead of getting the other 10 behind the ball and hoping for a break that never comes.

Terrible tactics.

…I’m not defending Dyche for one minute, we carried no threat at all but the substitutions were understandable.

DCL an authentic target man with Danjuma moved inside to play off him and Garner replacing Doucoure.

We were still useless but I can’t see what the major issue is with Beto being replaced.

…I’m not defending Dyche for one minute, we carried no threat at all but the substitutions were understandable.

DCL an authentic target man with Danjuma moved inside to play off him and Garner replacing Doucoure.

We were still useless but I can’t see what the major issue is with Beto being replaced.
In the same way he put on Chermiti to support Dom .

He had no support whatsoever.

….nothing to lose at that point, although Chermiti appears to offer nothing.
Not the point I was making , if he thought it a good idea to give support to Dom why couldn't he have done it earlier for Beto.

At that point it was all hoof ball & we looked lost , at least put 2 Centre Forwards on if your going to play that way.

It's just basic

Whatever you want to say about the substitution, they are not like for like players. DCL much better when the ball is in the air and with his head. Beto much better with the ball on the floor. They’re both tall, that’s really where the similarities end.

Not the point I was making , if he thought it a good idea to give support to Dom why couldn't he have done it earlier for Beto.

At that point it was all hoof ball & we looked lost , at least put 2 Centre Forwards on if your going to play that way.

It's just basic
It was just stupid all round how he managed that game. Zero trust or confidence in him to suddenly change and get a tune from these players. His thinking is all over the place. Worst i've seen in the hot seat so far.

It's just basic

…as I say, I’m not defending Dyche but I wasn’t surprised when DCL replaced Beto. Clearly it annoyed @Street end man but not sure many thought it was outrageous.

Dyche ended up chasing the game. Beto lacked support and did his best but he showed his limitations today. I wasn’t surprised he was withdrawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.