Do you think you will ever see Everton win the title again in your lifetime?

will you see Everton lift the Premier League Trophy in your life time

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was a kid the RS were in the 2nd Division, things changed.....later on ManU went for eons without a title and also enjoyed relegation, things changed........Chealsea were a no mark middling team before Roman arrived, things changed.......City had done sod all of nothing since the sixties and then things changed.......Nottingham Forest had the best team in Europe.......Derby County won the league.....things changed.........and if there is one sure certainty for the future it is that things will change...........

Sadly that change will be when the Shiekh of Kuwait decides to buy the hammers or Spurs in their new stadiums not us.

In answer to my original question, regardless of how bleak footy may look at the moment, and how dominated by money it is, I personally think this will change at some stage in the future.

Not exactly sure when that will be, and what that change will consist of, but hopefully it'll give a club like ours a more level playing field in the future.

The thing is though, I'm not sure how low our profile will have become at that stage, or how far behind we will be.

Where we are in the pecking order at this stage determines how quickly we could challenge for the title, and hopefully win it again.

A lot of that depends on our board, and how much vision and ambition they have between now and then.

For example, given we'd only won the title 6 seasons before the Premier League began, our board didn't cover themselves in glory in the period in between, and this has led to clubs like Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool completely leaving us behind (financially, and also corporately). Man U were actually quite far behind us at the time, in terms of league titles won, but now look at them.

If our board had shown some foresight and ambition back in the early 90s, we could have done what Man U have done since. Or we could and should have at least been included in the Sky big 4, for all these years, instead of being considered by the media as punching above our weight, a selling club, minnows, also rans, plucky Everton, etc etc.

Just think about how different our club would be viewed from the outside now if we were competing in the Champions League on a regular basis, like Arsenal, or having regular title challenges like Chelsea.

I believe we could and should have been competing in this category, if our board weren't so inept back in the late 80s/early 90s (and obviously still are now).

So peteblue, I also agree that things will change at some stage, but I don't know how quickly this will happen.

In your view, in what form will you see the change happening? And when will it occur?

No idea mate. No one saw the other changes coming either......

However long we need to wait for the money bubble to burst in football, or alternatively, to build a new stadium and get bought out by a wealthy Arab etc, I assume we'll have to wait again for a while after this before we win the title again.

Man utd. disagree with this. Despite being 'out-moneyed' by Citeh and Chelski, they still managed to win league titles.
You are right. SAF built a great team with a lot of home grown talent. But that is in the past.

LVG is now trying to build a team with money. They are the biggest spenders in the PL this year, just in an effort to get into the champions league. They are no different now to Chelsea and Man City.

Who believes the money bubble will burst in footy, or do people think the rich will ultimately keep getting richer leaving others trailing miles behind?

Am just wondering if this direction is the way footy will go from now, or if this will change soon.

Just saw this thread.

My short answer is no, not in my lifetime. Even if a billionaire comes in for us, Financial Fair Play (an oxymoron) would prevent us or any other club from attaining the heights of those already at the top. It's a rigged game.

You'd need to see football implode financially to level the playing field and then maybe Everton would have a fair crack at it as would everyone else.

I personally think football will implode at some stage in the future. Got no idea what the aftermath will be, but let's hope we're not lagging behind this time (unlike the last big change, e.g. the start of the Premier League)

I don't get all these digs at Chelsea and City for 'buying' the title. They spent a lot of money and then won trophies. So what? I would love it if we did that.

I'd still like to think Everton could maintain a good English/British base, though, if we were ever bought out by a billionaire.

Don't think I'd be very impressed to see 11 foreigners out there in an Everton shirt.

I'll be amazed if we get another trophy full stop.

At this rate it feels as though BK is going to outlive me! Quite probably will given the stress and frustration he helps put us through year after year.

Don't believe I shall ever be fortunate enough to witness Everton winning the Premier League to be honest. But I was 'there' when we had our few Seasons of success in the 80's, so I am a very happy chappy to have had that experience :)

Not a chance. Unless we either get bought by Sheikh Bin Moneybags or all Sheikh Bin Moneybags' are outlawed from football.

Status
Not open for further replies.