Do you have an EFC connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so envious , although holding Ball's medal was great enough you had a chance to work with Hickson. I had a tour with him a decade ago and he was so nice and so proud . One big burly fella mentioned how he was one of the original hardmen strikers and Hickson told this big [Poor language removed] off explaining that his reputation was unfair and not true. The big [Poor language removed] was scared for his life.

Which of those brilliant players in the charity side impressed you most, skillfully and personally ?

...Dave was very modest but he did open up a few times when we were having a drink. He spoke really highly of team mate John Willie Parker and felt hard done by for not getting an England cap. He was fearless, we trained on floodlit concrete tennis courts and in the little matches we would have he'd slide or dive on the concrete if he had a chance of scoring. I remember his ankles were enormous which I imagine was from the battering they got.

Regarding the Charity match, Derek Temple was amazing. He and I changed early and such was his enthusiasm he grabbed a ball and said let's go out for the warm up. He had a reputation of being a sweet striker of a football and that was very true, we were pinging the ball back and forward to each other and everything he hit was true.

Regarding the Charity match, Derek Temple was amazing. He and I changed early and such was his enthusiasm he grabbed a ball and said let's go out for the warm up. He had a reputation of being a sweet striker of a football and that was very true, we were pinging the ball back and forward to each other and everything he hit was true.

I was hoping you were going to say something about Temple. You have made my day.

Dad had trials for club but wasn't match fit (after the cricket season) - they paid nothing in those days of course. He went on to start his Accounting course and did the books of Cuffs the famous Liverpool solicitors (descendants of Will Cuff). Family were close friends of Alex Parker, family sold house to Howard Kendall. Couple of other bits and bobs. Related by marriage to Bill Dean (actor) who took his stage name from the one and only.. and some sensitive info about a (now late) previous manager in a compromising situation.. (not Howard Kendall ftr).

Also my grandfather took Peter Johnson to his first football match (at Everton) so it's not our fault if he was pre-disposed to be a Kopite. He was obviously just a bad lad. We tried to do the right thing.

Last edited:
My mate Ray a plumber, was working in a womans house in Maghull I think. About 5.00pm one Tuesday a young fella came in and was
shouting his Mum for his shirt & socks etc (As you do), my mate was coming back from his van into the house, the lad was going out
with a sports bag, my mate Ray said" where are you off lad" He said "I'm playing football". Ray said "I'm playing tonight myself".
Ray asked the lady "Where is your lad playing tonight love" Mrs Parkinson said "Goodison". One RS supporter suitably embarrassed.

I was born in EVERTON Brow and lived there for twenty years, in 1974 I moved into 6 Fairfax Place Norris Green, a house
Brian Labone was brought up in.

....you must have calfs like Bob Latchford, Dave. Everton Brow is so steep. I was born and raised off Everton Rd around the same time, moving out in 1971. Lots of good mates still live in Norris Green.

I've got Graeme Sharps shirt from when we got battered at Villa

if you ever part with the shirt could you let me know. i collect old everton match shirts and this was the first ever game I went to. I've tried to erase everything about this game from my memory but i would love a shirt from that day.

Also... my daughters best friend, her ma is having a great time with Kevin sheedy.

But you didn't hear that from me :bye:

Status
Not open for further replies.