Do we need a new penalty taker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baffling that Sigurdsson's record has been so poor this season, he was absolutely lethal on pens at Swansea and used to be an expert at sticking them top corner to make them essentially un-saveable. But 50% conversion is nowhere near good enough and he should be taken off them.

It's actually a bit of a problem for us, Rooney was horrible on pens last season as well.

Baffling that Sigurdsson's record has been so poor this season, he was absolutely lethal on pens at Swansea and used to be an expert at sticking them top corner to make them essentially un-saveable. But 50% conversion is nowhere near good enough and he should be taken off them.

It's actually a bit of a problem for us, Rooney was horrible on pens last season as well.

Bigger club. Bigger pressure.

Yeah let our new 50m striker take them next season, we might not even get another pen this season

Would give them to dcl me. Digne probably be the best taker but any striker prem standard should be able to slot pens anyway so would get his tally up

I never feel confident watching him take a penalty, his run up seems quite short as well which always fills me with doubt for some reason.

Get Unsworth to give him a few coaching sessions on how to take a proper penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.