2019/20 Djibril Sidibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine Ancelloti saying to Brands `Sidibe is playing rightback this afternoon'.
Brands `uummmm, be careful, hes crap defensively'.

Ancelloti `Err Marcel, did you bring him in?'.
Brands wander to the bathroom looking at his mobile.

Just because he's in the squad doesn't mean he needs to play.

Niasse is in the squad and doesn't play.

Yesterday is all on Ancelotti picking him not Brands bringing him in.

To justify keeping him, you'd have to go out and buy either a defensive midfielder to cover the gap between him and the right-sided centre-back, or a right-sided centre-back who will keep him in check.

There'll be home games where he'll look great between now and the end of the season, but I wouldn't be confident going into next season with him as undisputed first choice.

The more I see the more I think we should leave it alone this summer. On his day he's good but we need more consistent players if we are ever going to get anywhere. I don't think he's any better than what we have bar a cross or two.

His positional sense is none existent, his ball control is poor but he has a big heart. Initial I thought he could adapt and come good but the more I see of him it is obvious that his short comings are apparent to one and all with opposing teams exploiting them. He is not good enough and should be sent packing with the other misfits.

Status
Not open for further replies.