2019/20 Djibril Sidibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can't but at the same time, he's not great on the ball and Auba's 1st goal could have been avoided had he been more alert, should have been a few yards infield to stop the ball in behind.

I think he is good on the ball personally. He must be seeing as he sees an awful lot of the ball for us. Like a ridiculous amount.

Aubameyang is brilliant by the way.

Or the fact that Baines did a Baines and allows a winger to cross. Has done all his career. Pepe didn't even run at the 35 year old all game. Yet just pinged in a simple cross for an assist.

I agree that Baines did a poor job defending the cross, but that still doesn't let Sidibe off the hook from giving his man three yards of space to work with.

I think he is good on the ball personally. He must be seeing as he sees an awful lot of the ball for us. Like a ridiculous amount.

Aubameyang is brilliant by the way.

He is class.

I just don't rate Sidibe, he looks so inable to control the football. You never feel he's in charge of it, like Digne and Baines always have. It's like a footballer with ADHD across his body. All that energy.

As I said, in a 352 his willingness to get forward works. In 442 he's so exposed.

Ultimately the question is will signing Sidibe push us on higher in the table? My answer is no unfortunately.

He can't but at the same time, he's not great on the ball and Auba's 1st goal could have been avoided had he been more alert, should have been a few yards infield to stop the ball in behind.

He was doing exactly that, then closed it down. He then got caught with his weight forward when the through ball went, which caused him to get left for dead.

Midfield cover? Maybe. Starting RB? No.

He was doing exactly that, then closed it down. He then got caught with his weight forward when the through ball went, which caused him to get left for dead.

Midfield cover? Maybe. Starting RB? No.

Is he worth spending £13m as cover though?

Why was he that wide in the first place? Concede the wide area every day of the week. I acknowledge that he has had no protection, but surely he's got to be more clued up.

I'll be shocked if we buy this fella. No defensive instinct at all. Good defenders sense/smell dangerous situations. He's all over the gaff, should have been off at ht. Can't believe anyone thinks he's worth £13m.

Status
Not open for further replies.