2019/20 Djibril Sidibe

Status
Not open for further replies.
JJK says hi.

Should we sign Sidibe, and he's certainly putting himself in the frame for a permanent transfer at a reasonable price, then we'd have three right sided full-backs once JJK returns. One of them should and would be sold imo. If Sidibe was first choice, Everton would have to decide between selling Coleman or JJK. I'd rather sell the 31 year old Coleman but I'm not sure how much interest there would be in him and the transfer fee would be low. JJK probably has a higher transfer value these days.

Thomas Meunier of PSG, who we have been linked with in the past, will be available on a free next summer unless someone buys him in January. Big clubs will be interested in him. He'd probably want big wages, and we may be better off swerving him, but I think it's fair to say that Meunier and Sidibe would be better full-back options than Coleman and JJK.

Thought he was MOTM on Saturday. If we had Gana still covering for full backs bombing on we wouldn’t notice him pushing up so much and he’d get away with more.

He seems a bit Kyle Walker to me, incredible pace which bails him out a lot but he will cost us some goals... the point is, if he keeps giving us an assist every other game it’s worth the risk imo

Should we sign Sidibe, and he's certainly putting himself in the frame for a permanent transfer at a reasonable price, then we'd have three right sided full-backs once JJK returns. One of them should and would be sold imo. If Sidibe was first choice, Everton would have to decide between selling Coleman or JJK. I'd rather sell the 31 year old Coleman but I'm not sure how much interest there would be in him and the transfer fee would be low. JJK probably has a higher transfer value these days.

Thomas Meunier of PSG, who we have been linked with in the past, will be available on a free next summer unless someone buys him in January. Big clubs will be interested in him. He'd probably want big wages, and we may be better off swerving him, but I think it's fair to say that Meunier and Sidibe would be better full-back options than Coleman and JJK.

Agree a nice problem for a change. Firstly regarding Thomas thought he may have been an option last summer but it didn't happen and now we have 3 RBs with PL experience to work with so off my radar. We only need 2; Sidibe has a fair buy option and as it stands today I would exercise that if he is keen, but we only need to wait until the end of the year to decide, so assuming we do its a choice between JJK and Coleman. If it was a straight pick and as long as JJK keeps progressing then he would be my pick, but again time on our side to make a more informed decision. Would he go on loan again so we keep Coleman for another year not sure and even then it may be better to have JJK. Coleman has been a great servant and letting him go may allow him to get one more decent contract elsewhere.

Once we’re more settled, have an actual game plan and he consistently has the same bloke playing in front of him I’d expect him to be able to time his runs forward a little better. He may leave us open a fair bit but a marauding wingback who actually has end product is a little like gold dust these days. I’d wait to see how he does towards the end of January before pressing the buy button but so far he’s been pretty solid.

Once we’re more settled, have an actual game plan and he consistently has the same bloke playing in front of him I’d expect him to be able to time his runs forward a little better. He may leave us open a fair bit but a marauding wingback who actually has end product is a little like gold dust these days. I’d wait to see how he does towards the end of January before pressing the buy button but so far he’s been pretty solid.
And he was sick on matchday but played through it.

Meunier seems like an interesting option. No idea how JJK is progressing to be honest. As for Sidibe, the main complaint is that he gets caught out of position, but that's true of all attacking full backs. If the DMs are disciplined enough, it's not a big problem. That's how the rs aren't as exposed as they would be with someone like Schneiderlin.

Whilst he posed a threat on Saturday he also got caught out often we just weren’t punished for it. He got caught out often vs Liverpool and we were heavily punished.

I know Coleman sucks but c’mon, there are full-backs out there that can attack and defend competently.

Status
Not open for further replies.