Dixie's Birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crackin article on the great man in the Everton news section on here.

Happy Birthday to an absolute legend.

...unbelievable record that will never be broken. I reckon the new stadium could have a stand named after him. Not sure you're aware but he passed away quite a few years ago.

...unbelievable record that will never be broken. I reckon the new stadium could have a stand named after him. Not sure you're aware but he passed away quite a few years ago.
Yes would be nice.
I knew he died but felt he was still worth a birthday wish.
I think it was his daughter or some close relative that had that pub on Westminster road near Goodison.

Yes would be nice.
I knew he died but felt he was still worth a birthday wish.
I think it was his daughter or some close relative that had that pub on Westminster road near Goodison.
Didn't he pass away at an Everton match? I remember it happening and thought that while it was sad, it was a very fitting end for him.

My great aunt had a pub in Chester and got this for my then 6 year old brother. Took a pic of it when Mum was having a clear out. It now lives in Australia with said brother.

COw_MR2WgAAs-v1.jpg

....and if we do name a stand or even the stadium after him, we'd better name it the William Dean stand or the Dean Stadium or WR Dean whatever. Never Dixie .....He hated the nickname. I'd prefer to respect his wishes.

The William Ralph Dean Stadium
New Goodison Park
Bramley Moore Dock
Liverpool
L3 0AP
Sorted.

won't happen though - The Commercial Imperative won't let it

Didn't he pass away at an Everton match? I remember it happening and thought that while it was sad, it was a very fitting end for him.

Yes Dixie died at Goodison Park in a Derby game, Harry Catterick also died at Goodison, I think it was in the game when
Kevin Sheedy scored with two free kicks, after he was ordered to retake one, versus Ipswich Town, if I'm not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.