Distin - Mr Contradiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's obvious the first statement is Distin saying what he believes, and the second is Distin saying what the club want him to say.

That said, he's not saying "we're going to be ace next season and smash everyone up". He's saying we have enough quality to compete. We do need to strengthen, but to say we don't have enough quality to compete [for Europe] is an insult to the quality we do have. We're got a better squad than all but the top 6.

I posted that link in another thread, anyway. I think he comes across quite well.

It's obvious the first statement is Distin saying what he believes, and the second is Distin saying what the club want him to say.

That said, he's not saying "we're going to be ace next season and smash everyone up". He's saying we have enough quality to compete. We do need to strengthen, but to say we don't have enough quality to compete [for Europe] is an insult to the quality we do have. We're got a better squad than all but the top 6.

I posted that link in another thread, anyway. I think he comes across quite well.

Agree with you like, was more fuming at the club than Distin, i generally think he talks a lot of sense like which is why i cant understand the club asking him to say something which makes him contradict himself!?

As for the squad, yes it does have a lot of quality, but im not buying that line after last year now we are minus Pienaar, i accepted no new signings last summer as i think everyone did with the hope that a fit squad would kick on after the good second half to the previous season

But now its far too stale, we look as though we have no idea's or game plan when we play and we're far too predictable, sometimes you need fresh faces for a bit of unpredictability and new idea's

Im not gonna go on like cos we all know the problems we've got and its been covered a million times over and over while we've waited in vain for something to change...

Just cause you want to bum him.

No need to fume here lid ffs.

Go and riot or something.

Does it not frustrate you the amount of sh!te that the club feed us tho, even through players like Distin who supposedly have a good relationship with the fans?

I know i should be used to it now like but still

I interpretted it to mean 'Jagielka hasn't asked me if he should go to Arsenal. If he did, I would give him my opinion (do it). But otherwise we're glad that he's still here'.

Status
Not open for further replies.