Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I just saw this on Twitter.
C5ba5QlXQAERIUr.jpg

I've been going to counselling now since the beginning of April. I have my last session with my therapist next week.

I can honestly say I have improved massively.

I've been through some really horrible times since around June. Recently had a relationship break-down and it has knocked me for six. I contemplated ending it all and was encouraged to do so by that person.

Disgusting abuse I had put up with. Threats that I wouldn't see them ever again, saying I'm pathetic, worthless among other vile things.

The final straw came when getting punched in the face three times.
I'm not a violent person and didn't hit back.

I depended on him for everything. To feel like I was worth something. He knew this, too.

I've been working through this and my anxiety/depression with my therapist at the same time.

She has been more than just a therapist, she feels like a friend. After getting hit, she actually hugged me and told me that one day things will be better.

I think that is the main thing with anyone considering going down the therapy route. Unfortunately for us in this thread, we suffer from depression/anxiety and we will likely suffer it for the entirety of our lives. The key is to not expect it to ever be completely gone, but to bring it down to manageable levels. It also involves exposing ourselves to situations that trigger our anxiety/depression.

I still get my down days. I still get thoughts of missing a person who put me through all of that. But the key is I feel like I am managing it.

I couldn't recommend therapy highly enough after my latest stint. Be 100% honest with your therapist and really throw yourself into it and I feel we can all bring down our levels of anxiety/depression.

Go to your GP, ask for it ahead of heading straight for the medication.

I hope you are all keeping well.
Last night this happened again. It was the first time we'd seen each other in four months.

He has beat the **** out of me and now I've got a black eye.

We went together and I mentioned his 'girlfriend' and he flipped.

Last night this happened again. It was the first time we'd seen each other in four months.

First and foremost, are you ok?
If so, and I know I'm getting personal, but why see him again? You appeared, to me anyway reading the previous post, to be in a good place?

Nobody is worth it mate. It doesn't matter how much you love someone. If they can treat you like that they don't love you.

First and foremost, are you ok?
If so, and I know I'm getting personal, but why see him again? You appeared, to me anyway reading the previous post, to be in a good place?
Nobody is worth it mate. It doesn't matter how much you love someone. If they can treat you like that they don't love you.
I can't help it, I love him.

When I've got ebtorigh depression previously, he has always been the person to make me feel good about myself.

We've been mates for absolute years. There is no way on Earth he loves this girl more than me.

I've got a big meeting in work tomorrow, and I'm going to go in looking like a right scally.

I can't help it, I love him.

When I've got ebtorigh depression previously, he has always been the person to make me feel good about myself.

We've been mates for absolute years. There is no way on Earth he loves this girl more than me.

I've got a big meeting in work tomorrow, and I'm going to go in looking like a right scally.

You probably know this already, but there are people / various support groups that can help you ?.

I don't wish to patronise you or come across as preachy, but this is txt book domestic violence and it only ever gets worse.

Once they've crossed the line and thrown the first punch / slap, the next one just gets easier each time, no matter how much they cry and tell you they'll never do it again.

You probably know this already, but there are people / various support groups that can help you ?.

I don't wish to patronise you or come across as preachy, but this is txt book domestic violence and it only ever gets worse.

Once they've crossed the line and thrown the first punch / slap, the next one just gets easier each time, no matter how much they cry and tell you they'll never do it again.
As I say, he did it back in October and that was the last time we seen each other until last night.

This was a lot more severe, though.

I'd kill him in a fight, but he is a coward who knows I wouldn't hit back.

As I say, he did it back in October and that was the last time we seen each other until last night.

No offence meant, but any man who hits a woman other than in absolute self defence isn't a man at all.

There is no excuse whatsoever for him.

He's now hit you twice, it's escalating each time he does it. He won't stop until he has complete control over every aspect of your life.

I've have proffesional experience from a previous job of involvement with "domestic violence " and I can tell you hand on heart, that it will only continue to get worse.

There'll be crocodile tears, false promises, even talk of suicide if you leave. It's all manipulation, the way a small child manipulates an adult.

He'll eventually turn it around, so it's all your fault.

GET OUT x

You have to get the Police involved.

GET OUT x

And 100% THIS.

No offence meant, but any man who hits a woman other than in absolute self defence isn't a man at all.

There is no excuse whatsoever for him.

He's now hit you twice, it's escalating each time he does it. He won't stop until he has complete control over every aspect of your life.

I've have proffesional experience from a previous job of involvement with "domestic violence " and I can tell you hand on heart, that it will only continue to get worse.

There'll be crocodile tears, false promises, even talk of suicide if you leave. It's all manipulation, the way a small child manipulates an adult.

GET OUT x
I'm a man, mate.

We were best mates right throughout school and well up to the last few months.

We then stupidly slept together a few times and he has been violent twice after it now. He won't accept he is gay. He even says he is straight.

First time was just a few punches, last night was severe.

My eye and ear are purple and have ballooned.

I'm a man, mate.

We were best mates right throughout school and well up to the last few months.

We then stupidly slept together a few times and he has been violent twice after it now. He won't accept he is gay. He even says he is straight.

First time was just a few punches, last night was severe.

My eye and ear are purple and have ballooned.

"Mates" dont beat their mates up, mate. I remember you posting about this episode a while back, (sleeping together).

I am no expert, but this lad has issues, which he seems to think is fine to address by kicking the crap out of you. Someone who loves him.

Its bloody hard, but as others have said, it wont get better with a fairy godmother waving a wand. Get Out Of It.

"Mates" dont beat their mates up, mate. I remember you posting about this episode a while back, (sleeping together).

I am no expert, but this lad has issues, which he seems to think is fine to address by kicking the crap out of you. Someone who loves him.

Its bloody hard, but as others have said, it wont get better with a fairy godmother waving a wand. Get Out Of It.
I've told one of my other mates, who is also a mate of his.

He said this has to be the final straw now. To cut him out completely.

I just don't understand how someone can be one of the best people for 12 years and then turn into this in 8 months.

It isn't fair that I've got to go into work tomorrow with this massive black eye. People are going to think I'm scum who goes out fighting on the weekend.