Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I guess so but this lot are a particularly horrible bunch. Best thing I can do is at least find some humour in my dislike of them I suppose instead of just letting bubble into negative emotions which ruin my frame of mind.
If we can all take this approach to most things in life, and, learn the art of 'not giving a Liverpool', we would all be better off I say ;)

Well that kinda backfired on me.

I raised the issue with the new team leader last week about how the work within my team was being hand picked to the extent of literally only picking up the bigger pieces of work and leaving the crap pieces for me to do. I wasn't working in my team last week so i could point it out clearly with proof of this, the issue behind it being once the crap pieces run out there is nothing to do, whereas the bigger pieces keep you occupied for a good while.

anyway,

Team leader called a meeting and basically threw me under the bus saying he has recieved emails from the team over the work. Except, if they never emailed them, there is only one source, and more to the point, they are like best mates in work, that topic of conversation will come up where they will ask if they had sent one in relation to it.

So the fractured relationship will break down even more now sadly, making it more difficult again for me in work. I would say i'll go and get another job but i have been trying and getting nowhere so far so comes back to the stuck in a little bubble inside an office full of people situation again. And now there is nothing i can do about it.

Well that kinda backfired on me.

I raised the issue with the new team leader last week about how the work within my team was being hand picked to the extent of literally only picking up the bigger pieces of work and leaving the crap pieces for me to do. I wasn't working in my team last week so i could point it out clearly with proof of this, the issue behind it being once the crap pieces run out there is nothing to do, whereas the bigger pieces keep you occupied for a good while.

anyway,

Team leader called a meeting and basically threw me under the bus saying he has received emails from the team over the work. Except, if they never emailed them, there is only one source, and more to the point, they are like best mates in work, that topic of conversation will come up where they will ask if they had sent one in relation to it.

So the fractured relationship will break down even more now sadly, making it more difficult again for me in work. I would say i'll go and get another job but i have been trying and getting nowhere so far so comes back to the stuck in a little bubble inside an office full of people situation again. And now there is nothing i can do about it.

I sympathise mate, I'm facing a similar situation in work. Little clique of people who deliberately show no regard towards other colleagues' feelings and are allowed to get away with blue murder (in this case, doing next to no work whilst people like me carry the loads). Managers can be bad tools as well, they will always have favourites and if you're not a person who kisses their arse they won't treat you fairly or with any sensitivity.

I've gone from being confused by this group of colleagues, to slightly disliking them to now strongly disliking them, to the point where even being in their presence feels like an effort. I have decided to just turn my nose up at them, the same way they clearly do too me. They're not worth it, a gang of divvies who live in their own little world and wouldn't last 5 minutes outside of it. What bothers me most isn't their behaviour, it's their demeanours. Will act friendly to my face but then do a lot of snide things behind my back and not considering another's feelings. I know I wouldn't do the same, it's just not who I am as a person to purposely make a person feel bad no matter what my beef with them is.

I don't know exactly what your situation is but the best I think you can do is to just make sure your time outside of work is as enjoyable as possible, to make sure the good in your life outweighs the bad. Having good times outside of work, with your own people who treat you how feel you should be treated, will lift your mood and that will cross over to your mood in work which will hopefully make the days easier to get through

Stay strong mate and always remember, it's not you it's them. Never forget that. :)

I sympathise mate, I'm facing a similar situation in work. Little clique of people who deliberately show no regard towards other colleagues' feelings and are allowed to get away with blue murder (in this case, doing next to no work whilst people like me carry the loads). Managers can be bad tools as well, they will always have favourites and if you're not a person who kisses their arse they won't treat you fairly or with any sensitivity.

I've gone from being confused by this group of colleagues, to slightly disliking them to now strongly disliking them, to the point where even being in their presence feels like an effort. I have decided to just turn my nose up at them, the same way they clearly do too me. They're not worth it, a gang of divvies who live in their own little world and wouldn't last 5 minutes outside of it. What bothers me most isn't their behaviour, it's their demeanours. Will act friendly to my face but then do a lot of snide things behind my back and not considering another's feelings. I know I wouldn't do the same, it's just not who I am as a person to purposely make a person feel bad no matter what my beef with them is.

I don't know exactly what your situation is but the best I think you can do is to just make sure your time outside of work is as enjoyable as possible, to make sure the good in your life outweighs the bad. Having good times outside of work, with your own people who treat you how feel you should be treated, will lift your mood and that will cross over to your mood in work which will hopefully make the days easier to get through

Stay strong mate and always remember, it's not you it's them. Never forget that. :)
Cheers mate, the situation is a little different where i work as it is a very small team i work in and the specifics are very much weighted against me. It just gets me that nothing is ever done about anything, i have essentially raised the issue of bullying to seniors and nothing has happened, nothing has been done. right now, purposly excluding one person from social interactions but including everyone else, is that normal? I do forget about work once i leave of a night, think part of the problem is that i don't get as much sleep due to wanting to make the most of time away. I do hate work now, i do dread going in, i dread the feeling of isolation when you have literally no-one to talk to but the same people talk to each other, talk to others around the room etc. It is horrible, as you may relate to, i have sat with a more senior person and pointed out one of them was talking down to me and nothing ever followed up from that.

As i say the worst of it is now i can't get out. I have been applying elsewhere, and getting turned down because i have not done the job before, my management has nothing to help me get the experience it seems so essentially i am trapped, and that is where the negativity for me brews. Just feeling alone, trapped, ignored, and after today it is killed off any sort of little bit of hope i had to change it.

Just reading posts in this thread shows how senior management turn a blind eye to bullying etc as long as the work is done
My work is no different
But what really gets me riled is when everyone else can see certain individuals are getting stressed to the verge of depression nothing is done as long as the end product is achieved
A close friend is verging towards this as I write, I've told him management won't help and be proactive himself to remedy his predicament
I've already lost one friend through similar circumstances
Really do feel for posters on this thread

Cheers mate, the situation is a little different where i work as it is a very small team i work in and the specifics are very much weighted against me. It just gets me that nothing is ever done about anything, i have essentially raised the issue of bullying to seniors and nothing has happened, nothing has been done. right now, purposly excluding one person from social interactions but including everyone else, is that normal? I do forget about work once i leave of a night, think part of the problem is that i don't get as much sleep due to wanting to make the most of time away. I do hate work now, i do dread going in, i dread the feeling of isolation when you have literally no-one to talk to but the same people talk to each other, talk to others around the room etc. It is horrible, as you may relate to, i have sat with a more senior person and pointed out one of them was talking down to me and nothing ever followed up from that.

As i say the worst of it is now i can't get out. I have been applying elsewhere, and getting turned down because i have not done the job before, my management has nothing to help me get the experience it seems so essentially i am trapped, and that is where the negativity for me brews. Just feeling alone, trapped, ignored, and after today it is killed off any sort of little bit of hope i had to change it.
Just reading posts in this thread shows how senior management turn a blind eye to bullying etc as long as the work is done
My work is no different
But what really gets me riled is when everyone else can see certain individuals are getting stressed to the verge of depression nothing is done as long as the end product is achieved
A close friend is verging towards this as I write, I've told him management won't help and be proactive himself to remedy his predicament
I've already lost one friend through similar circumstances
Really do feel for posters on this thread

There is some employment law that can help depending on what exactly is happening. Strictly, the law is to do with 'harassment' instead of bullying, the legal definition under The Equality Act 2010:
"Harassment is “unwanted conduct related to a relevant protected characteristic, which has the purpose or effect of violating an individual’s dignity or creating an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment for that individual”. The relevant protected characteristics are age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation."

The following handbook might be useful:
http://www.acas.org.uk/media/pdf/o/c/Bullying-and-harassment-at-work-a-guide-for-employees.pdf
Particularly pages 5 and 6. The key bit is the contact details for those who might need some advice or guidance:
Harassment at work Let your manager or union or staff representative know of the problem, or seek advice elsewhere, perhaps from a Citizens Advice Bureau, the Acas helpline (0300 123 11 00 Open Monday – Friday 8am–8pm and Saturday 9am–1pm) or the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) at www.equalityhumanrights.com.

Hope this helps.

There is some employment law that can help depending on what exactly is happening. Strictly, the law is to do with 'harassment' instead of bullying, the legal definition under The Equality Act 2010:
"Harassment is “unwanted conduct related to a relevant protected characteristic, which has the purpose or effect of violating an individual’s dignity or creating an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment for that individual”. The relevant protected characteristics are age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation."

The following handbook might be useful:
http://www.acas.org.uk/media/pdf/o/c/Bullying-and-harassment-at-work-a-guide-for-employees.pdf
Particularly pages 5 and 6. The key bit is the contact details for those who might need some advice or guidance:
Harassment at work Let your manager or union or staff representative know of the problem, or seek advice elsewhere, perhaps from a Citizens Advice Bureau, the Acas helpline (0300 123 11 00 Open Monday – Friday 8am–8pm and Saturday 9am–1pm) or the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) at www.equalityhumanrights.com.

Hope this helps.
I'll look into that mate cheers !

Apart from simply giving your notice in....a drastic impractical move in this climate of austerity, its a very difficult situation for people enduring deplorable work situations. Covert, hard to define bullying...personal problems with line managers who should, in a proper structure, be the very first port of call for support...unfair allocation of tasks...being ostracised from the group or left out of social events resulting in a me versus the clique scenario. Its intolerable, toxic, erodes self confidence and at worst, for many people, results in depression...proper depression that eats away at every logical thought and action. For those who haven't as yet, seek help from your GP or if preferred, your practice nurse. Take up the offer of a medical prop...an anti depressant is a crutch to help you stand up again. Once you feel better, realise that some situations wont change. But what can change is not only your reaction to those situations...youre the only one with ownership of that...but also, ultimately, how you deal with them. Noone can take that from you. Don't give up.