Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Update, he slipped away peacefully at 5:30am this morning according to the hospitsl. I strangely woke up around this time, weird deja vu. I like to think his spirit paid one final visit before passing on and that's why. He's with his mum, sisters and already departed friends now, no longer in pain or misery. We'll miss him greatly.

Thanks ever so much everyone for the kind words, means the world honestly. Stay strong during these challenging times.

Veel sterk.

May his memory be a blessing.

Woke up to some horrible news today. Father has been in hospital for over a week with breathing problems, this morning they called to say he took a turn for the worse last night and we needed to come in. Doctor said he's dying and will very likely go today, his situation is hopeless. Me and my siblings were each allowed to go in one at a time to see him one final time. It was the worst thing I've ever witnessed, he looked nothing like the man I knew. He was conscious but too weak to speak or even properly open his eyes, he could only fidget a little bit and I'm sure I saw him try to smile as I spoke. We've never been close, he was a rotten dad all things considered and when I hopefully have children I want to have relationships totally the opposite of what ours was. Saying though we've always cared for him, it's how we've been brought up and we know at heart he has never been a wicked person, just a unbelievably complex one.

Braced myself for this day for a long time, he's been very poorly for a while and it was obvious months ago he was near the end. After we'd each had our time with him a priest came and gave him his last rights, he then came into a private room with us and our mum and gave a private mass (the current climate means a funeral service won't be possible).

I cracked when I saw him because it was so horrific seeing how dramatically he's deteriorated, I pray to God I'll be able to get the image out my head and remember him how he was. Haven't cried like that in a while, it was so awful. Long-term I'll be okay, like I said I've braced myself for this day for a long time but it doesnt make it any less horrible when it finally arrives. Hopefully he's at peace and with his deceased family and friends now because we know how terribly he's missed them. Godspeed Dad xxx

So sorry for your loss mate , cling on to the belief that he is now at peace with his family and friends .

Those thoughts helped and still give me comfort to this day , after the loss of my parents .

Update, he slipped away peacefully at 5:30am this morning according to the hospitsl. I strangely woke up around this time, weird deja vu. I like to think his spirit paid one final visit before passing on and that's why. He's with his mum, sisters and already departed friends now, no longer in pain or misery. We'll miss him greatly.

Thanks ever so much everyone for the kind words, means the world honestly. Stay strong during these challenging times.
So sorry to hear this. x

Anybody else really struggling to keep things together right now? Feel as if things really getting on top of them. I do. Worried about three virus so won't let gms family out. I do all the shopping I'm that paranoid. Work etc I just feel I'm a right miserable twatt to be around at the moment
I think everybody is in a state of heightened anxiety at the moment. I went shopping the other day and it stressed me out. I didn't know what to do when I was at one end of an aisle and somebody else was at the other end. Then freaked because I'd bought wine so the lad had to come and clear the ID thing - was more freaked on his behalf thinking about how many times a day he must have to do that.

words feel meaningless at this time but I’m so sorry for your loss.

I don’t really know you’re situation and regardless it’s irrelevant Please know people are here for you to post , message , pm , talk to whatever . You’re never alone .

Thinking of you mate. Take care x

I deleted Facebook about 9 years ago. Last week I deleted Twitter as it was increasing my anxiety levels. Unfortunately over the past couple of years I’ve developed a tendency to have panic attacks, although they are now less frequent. The constant scaremongering on Twitter was pushing me into a very negative thought pattern. We all know this is a dreadful situation but I think wallowing in the stream of awful news is very unhealthy.
My view is social media has destroyed civil society and should be banned, a lot of murders in America's inner cities are related to trivial disputes on social media. Troy Deeney quite rightly pointed out that in the past if somebody had a fight it would be forgotten about, however with gang rivals constantly taunted each other, it becomes a matter on honour that people need to avenge trivial slights. The problem with Twitter is unlike this forum which is properly moderated, people put all sorts of stupid stuff on there and sadly these idiots are treated as serious people, despite the fact they could be anybody. It's also spreading into politics sadly increasingly society is being judged by a whole bunch of attention seeking morons.

Can I suggest that anyone who is struggling with anxiety problems relating to the Coronavirus, delete the likes of Facebook etc.

It can guarantee it will significantly lower your anxiety levels.

There is nothing good on there for anyone at the mo and is even more of a platform for the deranged, attention seeking and those with agendas.
100% agree, I deleted my facebook and twitter 3 years ago last October, I had anxiety issues and was on anti depressants, before but I have not had any problems with mental health since then and not currently taking any medication, if it's deleted today (Saturday) you'll notice improvements to your thinking and how you feel by Wednesday it really is that quick.

100% agree, I deleted my facebook and twitter 3 years ago last October, I had anxiety issues and was on anti depressants, before but I have not had any problems with mental health since then and not currently taking any medication, if it's deleted today (Saturday) you'll notice improvements to your thinking and how you feel by Wednesday it really is that quick.
I haven’t had FB for nine years and deleted Twitter a few weeks ago due to Coronavirus. Deffo the right decision. If you need to use FB to keep in touch with people use it for that but not for consuming news.

I am truly sorry for your loss mate and my thoughts are with you and your family.

Starting to lose all motivation to do anything which is worrying. Just feel like sleeping all the time which is a problem because I’m still working from home.

Grateful to still have a job and be in good health though. Hope everyone is holding up ok.
Working from home can be very difficult, you are at home but your at work, you need to act like you are at work, you should dress like you are at work, go out for even a 5 minute walk before you start work and the same after make it a clear boundary between the 8 or whatever hours you are working and the other 16 hours. I know people who wanted for years to work from home but are hating it now.

Working from home can be very difficult, you are at home but your at work, you need to act like you are at work, you should dress like you are at work, go out for even a 5 minute walk before you start work and the same after make it a clear boundary between the 8 or whatever hours you are working and the other 16 hours. I know people who wanted for years to work from home but are hating it now.

Spot on.

You need to create a proper separate working area and keep to a routine just like you’d do in work, otherwise you can quickly become demotivated, which in turn can lead to feeling down all the time.