Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Anyone else dread the start of a new year?
I know it’s all artificial and that and I don’t usually set much significance by it.

But after the last six months I actually can’t wait. I’ve felt that I needed to get the festive season out of the way before I can really start getting a grip on things and, totally irrationally, the start of a new year gives me a sense of moving on and forwards this time.

Just wanted to say that anyone who struggles with stress/depression/anxiety but is ‘high functioning’ or thinks they’re doing ok - don’t try keeping a lid on it just because when the lid flies off it’s devastating for you and those around you.

Never drink but didn’t want to be a party pooper when we had guests.Within hours had a row with my fiancee and refused the taxi they got in, stayed out alone. 4 hours later and the robbery of £20, keys and brand new phone, sleeping ona grassy ditch and no memory, I walked home and arrived then found out about my goodbye messages to a select few people but 'bottling' the final act - no memory of course.

Devastated that I did that and time to see GP and crisis team.

Thank god the footballs picking up, eh Blues?

Just wanted to say that anyone who struggles with stress/depression/anxiety but is ‘high functioning’ or thinks they’re doing ok - don’t try keeping a lid on it just because when the lid flies off it’s devastating for you and those around you.

Never drink but didn’t want to be a party pooper when we had guests.Within hours had a row with my fiancee and refused the taxi they got in, stayed out alone. 4 hours later and the robbery of £20, keys and brand new phone, sleeping ona grassy ditch and no memory, I walked home and arrived then found out about my goodbye messages to a select few people but 'bottling' the final act - no memory of course.

Devastated that I did that and time to see GP and crisis team.

Thank god the footballs picking up, eh Blues?
At least you've realised it's time to do something about, make sure you do sooner rather than later, it'll be difficult but you will need to heed any advice and treatment given, stay strong and the best of luck with things, keep us informed via this thread as you will hopefully find the support on here will spur you on,