Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Mate I’ve gone through a divorce this last 12 months. I can tell you last Christmas was the saddest period of my life (even allowing for the death of my father). The enormity of the family life you had with your kids really hits home to you at this time of the year, when it’s no longer there. My daughter is still being cold to me (even though it was my ex who wanted to end the marriage) all you can do is try and be reasonable with your ex, and hope she comes round and allows you more access to your daughter. If not you’ll have to go through the courts, as every dad is entitled to see their kids. Get through this difficult period mate and things will get better for you.
Thanks mate. I've had a quiet day. I've spent most of it in bed avoiding the day

That is so lovely. Happy Christmas to you and your family x

Thank you, and you. We've had a great day. Due to the year we've had we spoilt the kids a little more this year. I got him a bonus present that I gave him this evening with a letter telling him how proud we are of his recovery and he was really taken a back. He's hugged me about twenty times.

Merry Christmas to all on here, long time lurker of this thread but I think it does a fantastic job allowing people a safe space to have a vent or just discuss any issues with no judgement.

On a side note I gave mine and my dad's season ticket to somebody in recovery yesterday so he could take his eight year old daughter to the match today and he seemed absolutely over the moon. It's made me want to do more to help those less lucky than I am, as we never know when we will need the help or kindness of another person

Take care of yourselves.

X

Merry Christmas to all on here, long time lurker of this thread but I think it does a fantastic job allowing people a safe space to have a vent or just discuss any issues with no judgement.

On a side note I gave mine and my dad's season ticket to somebody in recovery yesterday so he could take his eight year old daughter to the match today and he seemed absolutely over the moon. It's made me want to do more to help those less lucky than I am, as we never know when we will need the help or kindness of another person

Take care of yourselves.

X
A kindness is doubled when you also give something up to enable it...be it a via a possession, a deed or, just as as important, your time. Its always returned.. even when youre not aware of by whom, in what way, where and when. Merry Christmas to kind people everywhere...including us on here !!

So today I asked my stbx wife to check her bank account as the debt we had been paying off together due to her financial abuse has not cleared. All was fixed in the end....
Her revenge for me wanting to clear debts asap.... She has removed more of my stuff from the house and left it on the drive telling me it must be collected today. On top of her demands I get my 14 year daughter texting me pressuring me to bow to my ex and collect things at the drop of a hat and " stop being childish "