Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I’ve actually started learning Italian, downloaded a course by a guy called Michel Thomas on audible. Was doing a bit each day but this week I’ve struggled for motivation to do anything. I’ll try and get back in the swing over the weekend.
I've been using the duolingo app to learn Italian. It's fun and there are loads of languages you can choose including Klingon if that's your thing!

I dont post here very often anymore, but i've noticed a lot of comments on the web about "struggling with lockdown" and the jarring bits are a lot of what i percieve as normal people struggling with is the 'baseline' of what depression feels like for some people (me included)

this one stuck out to me

"If I brush my teeth and put a fresh set of clothes on, that's okay - that can be a goal I've met."

Please, once some normality returns be kind to those who live this kind of 'lockdown' lifestyle without choice much like you're being asked to do now, people sadly live this lifestyle without choice. Reach out, try and be kind, some people didn't choose this way and this awful lockdown is making everyone see how down it can make you.

I dont post here very often anymore, but i've noticed a lot of comments on the web about "struggling with lockdown" and the jarring bits are a lot of what i percieve as normal people struggling with is the 'baseline' of what depression feels like for some people (me included)

this one stuck out to me

Please, once some normality returns be kind to those who live this kind of 'lockdown' lifestyle without choice much like you're being asked to do now, people sadly live this lifestyle without choice. Reach out, try and be kind, some people didn't choose this way and this awful lockdown is making everyone see how down it can make you.
I've lived it for 22 months mate since my marriage broke down.
Great post.

this one stuck out to me

Brilliant insight, I’d never considered it in that light. Kudos :)

As always, my DMs/PMs are open! Throwing it out there during this though time for people. I will be all ears in listening to problems, struggles etc. It may be easier to convey whats troubling you to a person you have to true relation with minus forum interaction. I am from the US but more than willing to help find programs, contacts or anything else you may need for as long as you may need it. Also willing to get WhatsApp if you are in need to talk to someone spur the moment. I know it is rough out there but much easier to have an ally with you! Never feel alone during these times. :)

Struggling. Don't even want to get out of bed most days, just wish the world could go back to normal. One kick in tbe bollocks after another.
Felt like that couple of weeks back. Still not feeling the best but better .
Getting out helps . For me water really relaxes me. Cant go the beach currently but a couple of lakes nearby.
But have taken to not goin out a couple of days too and would not fault you

Did you hear about the job yet mate ?

No matr, wrote it off at this point. Still think it's extremely rude to not even inform someone, instead just leaving them dangling.

I badly need a distraction at the moment, I can't even go the gym to get fit or go for walks really. The other day I got stopped by the police and told to hurry up home when I'd been out 10 mins.

No matr, wrote it off at this point. Still think it's extremely rude to not even inform someone, instead just leaving them dangling.

I badly need a distraction at the moment, I can't even go the gym to get fit or go for walks really. The other day I got stopped by the police and told to hurry up home when I'd been out 10 mins.

That could just be that you’ve had the misfortune to come across an idiot police man. I wouldn’t let that put me off.

I’m sure they’d let you know either way with the job ?