Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I know this is an easy statement to make but this is a chance to do ,as said above ,something you never found time for .
I have been on Youtube and there are people making things from any old rubbish ,will I make them probably not but it is amazing to see someone make a petrol engine from a compressor ,making a knife from an old saw blade ,they have videos showing the most incredible stuff and in between get out for fresh air.
Do you need to run NO I have never had the stamina but you can go spotting ,take your phone photo every thing you have not noticed before then come back to see what you found ,best of all keep a log .
I have bird,butterfly ,fish and plant books and when I walk I make notes of the date I saw them .
I would be surprised if you don't see anything of interest .
There are new butterflies all over now with the global warming ,the birds are moving with the seasons change .
This is such an opportunity ,no pressure from work, all day to yourself .
Yes it is a bad time health wise but it is a chance we have never had before.

Everyone understands it. Do you think it still makes it easy

I’ve gone five weeks without seeing my Mrs and it’ll probably be another five before we see eachother.

There has to be an understanding between both of you that what you’re doing is for the greater good and there will be an end to all this so just hang on in there.

At the start of this we had a massive argument. Before the official lockdown I was told not to go into work for 12 weeks due to being classed in the high risk group. She thought this meant i could go up to hers (she’s in barrow I’m in Liverpool) a lot more than usual as I had the time off work.

She completely did not grasp the severity of the situation and couldn’t handle me telling her I can’t see her for 12 weeks.

But because we had that argument and a resulting conversation where we both agreed that we’ll do whatever was required in terms of government advice, we’re now getting through it together and our relationship hasn’t suffered at all.

Send eachother presents, make sure you’re there for eachother when one of you feels fed up, and start making plans for when all this is over.

It’ll pass and before you know it you’ll be seeing eachother again.

Not feeling great the moment, think the lockdown is finally cracking me up. It's been a very hard few weeks and I've had little to distract me. Every day is basically just consisting of waking up at whatever time and playing video games or watching Netflix, absolutely bored out of my skull. There doesn't look to be any end in sight to this pandemic either, really worried now that I may not be able to last through it. So fed up and with everything else it feels like a tornado has hit me.
Talk with loved ones or friends if you can. Tell them how you feel. Can you volunteer - do you drive? Help deliver prescriptions perhaps of deliver essentials to vulnerable people. How good a communicator are you? Could you support others and in turn help with your own self esteem / self worth. Podcasts on crime, fiction etc might help. People often need to chat with people. You " probably feel " you have no self worth but let me tell you, there will be someone out there you can help and helping otherd makes you feel good about yourself. Good luck with things buddy.

I have to work from home, but having 3 special needs kids makes it extremely difficult, I've tried to get round it by getting up at 5am and doing a solid 3 hours until 8am when they get up then do a couple of hours during the day.
Does you're boss know you're current situation with the kids. I'm sure they will be more sympathetic to youre current situation. If you can, put things into perspective. You must get some slack from work.

Just heard from my son about something going on on twitter ,if you are music lover it is a guy who is ( I don't know all the details 100%) playing different bands music but at the same time you can send messages and the recording artists themselves will chat back and as each track is playing they tell snippets not told before ,it is to help with the lockdown situation and give music lovers something to look forward to .
It comes on in the evening and it is " Tim's twitter listening party " he has a webpage as well and my son has done a calendar so you can know beforehand who it is playing .
They started a few weeks ago and this morning they had 1/2 million hits and a total of over 3million .Twitter have contacted them and given them some sort of emoji that normally costs about 1million dollars ,for them it was free because it is non profit .
Here is a link :- https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/apr/10/tim-burgess-twitter-listening-parties

Just heard from my son about something going on on twitter ,if you are music lover it is a guy who is ( I don't know all the details 100%) playing different bands music but at the same time you can send messages and the recording artists themselves will chat back and as each track is playing they tell snippets not told before ,it is to help with the lockdown situation and give music lovers something to look forward to .
It comes on in the evening and it is " Tim's twitter listening party " he has a webpage as well and my son has done a calendar so you can know beforehand who it is playing .
They started a few weeks ago and this morning they had 1/2 million hits and a total of over 3million .Twitter have contacted them and given them some sort of emoji that normally costs about 1million dollars ,for them it was free because it is non profit .
Here is a link :- https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/apr/10/tim-burgess-twitter-listening-parties

It’s Tim Burgess from the Charlatans mate. Thanks for posting that ;)

Had an interview this morning, it's for an essential business so I was able to actually go to the office and have a proper face to face. It went well I thought, they seemed impressed with me judging off their body language. They let slip it was only between one other candidate who was coming in later. Said they'd let me know today but didn't hear anything all afternoon. No news is good news is what I'm trying to tell myself, surely if I'd lost out they'd have just sent me a generic email I mean they had all day?

Fingers crossed, not the end of the world if I miss out but I would really like this one.